Echoes of the heart part 2

He married a woman named Mayte, even know I had feelings, I was happy for him. I guess I just had to deal with it. He was with Mayte for a while. I thought they was actually going to make it. Then one night I got a phone call. It was Prince . " Jewels I need to talk to you can I come over?" He asked. I heard in his voice that something was wrong, really wrong. " Sure" I said. A few minutes later he showed up. He looked awful like he been crying all night . " What happened?" I asked as he came in and sat

on my sofa. "Mayte and I are not going to make it" he said. I was heartbroken to hear this, because I knew why, what happened to them shouldn't have happened to anybody. It was so painful that he only talked to me about it once and never again and as a friend I respected that. " Can't you two make it work?" I asked. He really seemed to love her and I hate to see two people torn apart like this. He gave me a sad head shake no" It's over" he said. " well If you need anything I'am here" I said. He gave me a sad tired smile. " thank you" he said

Two years later

Wow! How things changed , Prince had married again and divorced again. I wished my friend would find the happiness he was looking for. Meanwhile I was now in a serious relationship with a man named Joseph. Part of me still carried a thing for my friend, but if he felt the same I was sure he would have said something by now. Joseph was a good man and I really did care for him. So when he got on one knee and asked me to marry him I said yes with tears in my eyes. Prince was the first person I told. I thought he would be happy for me but the reaction I got was completely different.

" Don't you think it's a little to soon?" He asked. Was he serious?. " Are you serious ?,

you couldn't wait to make a move when you saw Mayte" I said. " that' was different" he said. " why because your a man?" I asked. " well yeah" he said matter of factly " I don't believe you sometimes, your lucky we are fiends" I said. " well., who else would put up with me if not you?" he said with that same sly smile he had since he was a kid. I gave him a playful tap. " Don't push your luck" I said. " But I like pushing your buttons mama" he said softly.

I froze at the use of the word " mama". I only heard that term used at women he was going after. No I must be just over thinking things. I rolled my eyes and brushed it off as I leave . Over the next Months I plan my wedding to Joseph. Getting with my family and girlfriends and trying on dresses and everything. The wedding day was fast approaching and I was excited, but something changed , Prince became very distant with me. He would say that he was just busy with the new album or touring, but in

the past even when he was working on a album or touring he still remained close, what changed?. I just want my best friend back, I miss his laugh, his jokes,the silly stuff he did. Finally the day of the wedding arrived everything was in place. My mom helped me into the wedding dress while my two girlfriends Jane and Tracy helped with the little details. I was left alone for a minute when a heard a knock on the door. " come in" I said. Prince entered. I was shocked considering the distance between us lately.

" You look beautiful " he said. I blushed. " thank you" I said. " Can we talked?" He asked all of the sudden serious. I nodded. "I know this is the worst time but..." " but" I said pushing him to continue. " I don't want you to get married" he said. " what?" I asked confused. "Jewels , I realize that it 's you I'am in love with, don't marry him" he said. I felt the anger start to rise up in me " are you kidding me?" I said . " of all the times, your timing is amazing !, before you married Mayte I was about to tell you I was falling for you, but you had just told me you was going to marry her, now when I'am about to get married you tell me you love me" I said " wait, you had feelings for me?" He asked.

" Just get out Prince, I don't want to see you right now". " but...." He started. " just go Prince , please" I said already on the verge of tears. He slowly turned around and left closing the door. I plop down in the chair and started to cry. Why was his timing so bad.....

I was only going to do two parts but , looks like part three is needed.