France x Child!Reader

Requested by Da_Bootyful_Potato

"Je T'aime"

It was the middle of the night when Francis heard his freshly adopted child scream from your room. He quickly set down his wine glass and ran up the stairs to your room. He quickly opened your (Fav. Color) door, only to see you sitting up in bed, your weak frame shaking in fear as tears fell down your cheeks.

Francis gently gasped before quickly making his way to your side, and hesitantly bringing you into a hug.

"What's wrong, Chéri?" Francis asked, running his hands through your (Long/Short) hair. At your whimpers, he sighed. "Please tell me what's wrong, Fleur."

           You whimpered again before speaking, grabbing onto his shirt. "Y-You left me," you stuttered out quietly. "B-Back at the orphanage, I-I mean."

          Francis froze for a second before relaxing, hugging you tighter and frowning. "I won't ever get rid of you, (Y/N)."

            You gave him a secretive doubting look before hesitantly nodding, looking back down. Francis sighed before setting you on his lap, leaning back into the pillows. Francis thought for a second about what to do, until a thought came to his mind.
(Play song: Je T'aime by Kelly Sweet)

            At first, he was just softy humming, but was making sure he was loud enough for you to hear. He started to gently whisper the lyrics.

'Je t'aime, je t'aime toujour
I am forever yours'

       You looked up at Francis as he sang, your eyes filled with curiosity and wonder.

'Sweet dreams, sweet dreams mon cher
You're always in my prayer'

       You smiled softly, causing Francis to smile back.

'Softly, sweetly
Wrapped up in heaven's arms
Sailing, soaring over the moon
Gathering star dust'

        You rested your head on Francis' chest, listening to the repetitive beating of his heart.

'Be still, be safe, be sure
Je t'aime, je t'aime toujour'

      Your eyes began to feel heavy, and you gladly closed them.

'Wishing, praying
All of your dreams come true
Please remember
Where'er you are my heart is with you'

       You grasped onto Francis' shirt comfortingly, sighing heavily as you relaxed. "Goodnight, Papa.."

'Sweet dreams, sweet dreams mon cher
Always in my prayer'

       Francis paused in his singing to look down at you in shock, before continuing to sing his lullaby.

'I am forever yours
Je t'aime, je t'aime toujour'

"Goodnight, Ma fille."

Even to this day, Francis still sings you the lullaby that will forever lull you to sleep; no matter what.