England x Colourblind!Reader

It's my first one! No one actually requested this, but it's adorable, so I don't care. And this colorblind isn't a real type of colorblind, but just go with it, okay? (C/N) means you're country name, (H/L) and (H/T) is your hair, and (E/C) is your eye colour. READ ON!

Reader's POV:

I woke up to England shaking my shoulder gently, cooing words of encouragement to get up. I quickly groaned and rolled over. I may be a country, but I'm a country that needs their beauty sleep.

I heard England chuckle at me, his British accent making me sigh slightly in my sleep. "Come on, (C/N). You're... package... got here.." He trailed in confusion, making me sit up quickly as I turned to him again, ignoring the black and white world around me.

"Package?" I said as the sleep quickly disapeared from my eyes. "It's here!" I squealed out happily as my (H/L) locks fell in my hair slightly. I quickly pushed the covers off my bed and stood to run out of the room, ignoring England and the fact that my pajamas were... quite revealing..

I ran into the kitchen where I saw an original grey, cardboard box with the familiar "Amazon" tape keeping it closed.

     I jumped up and down excitedly as I heard Englands footsteps behind me.

     "What's so special about the package, Love?" He asked as he walked up behind me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

     "You'll see." I responded with a forced smile as I looked up at him. He didn't know I was colour blind, and I didn't want to tell him. A colour blind country? Not normal, that's for sure.

     I ran to the island and pushed Italy's leftover spaghetti aside. I sat on the black stool and grabbed a pair of nearby scissors.

     I felt England's confused presence behind me as I cut at the box impatiently. He reached over my shoulders and opened the box slowly, being careful to not get cut by my vicious scissoring skills.

    I looked over my shoulder at him gratefully, before turning to the box and gasping.

     Inside were a pair of glasses, and just by looking through the lenses, I could see a dull color, but still color.

    I felt tears fill my eyes slightly, but I blinked them away before England could see them.

    "Love..? What's wrong?" He asked as he swiveled the stool to face him. He caresses my cheek and rubbed him thumb over my cheekbone. "No offense, but they're just glasses.." He added on as he looked over my shoulder to the box again.

     "I-I have something to tell you." I said hesitantly as I lent into his hand warmly.

     "What is it, (C/N)? You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" He asked as he used his other hand to lift my face up to his.

    I smiled and sniffled quietly. "I-I... I'm colour blind..." I whispered quietly as I pulled my head down slightly to look at my bare feet.

     "Oh.." He seemed to pause as he looked at me with shock. "What kind? Protanopia? Deuteranopia?--" (These are real kinds of colour blindness)

     I cut him off by shaking my head. "No, I-I.. I can't see any colours." I said quietly as I kept looking down. I felt more tears fill my eyes, but I reached up and wiped them away quickly.

     "W-what do you mean?" He asked as he slightly pulled his hands away from my face. "Y-you can't see any colours? Like red, or yellow, or pink?"

    I shook my head again as his eyes filled with shock. "All I see is black and white. It's like the entire world was put through a filter, or taken a picture of in an old camera."

    I looked up and saw his grey eyes fill with sadness. "That means you don't know what the sun looks like.. or the sky, or the moon!" He started to pace back and forth in the kitchen, but stopped suddenly and turned to me quickly. "You don't know what you look like.." he trailed off in shock.

     I nodded sadly, but quickly turned to the glasses that would fix my problem. "But these glasses can show me colours," I turned to face him again, the glasses in my hands. "Isn't that a amazing?"

     He smiled at me reassuringly. "That is amazing, Love." He walked up to me and looking into my eyes. "Put them on." He whispered as he grabbed them and put them near my eyes.

     I quickly closed my eyes. "Put them on." I said quietly as I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

     I heard him chuckle slightly before I felt the glasses being slipped onto my face.

I opened my eyes and gasped at the coloured orbs that stared back at me.

I fell off of the stool in surprise, causing England to jump. I looked around in shock.

I grabbed the brightly coloured scissors that were near me on the ground. With shaky hands, I lifted them up.

"What colour are these..?" I asked in a shaky voice, my eyes wide and filled with tears.

England knelt down on the ground next to me. "Red, Love." He said calmly as he put his hands over my own trembling ones.

He slowly moved the scissors out of my hands and onto the island above us. He grabbed my hands again and pulled us up.

"What's the colour of your eyes?" I asked as I looked into them deeply.

"Green, Sweetheart." He said calmly as he started to pull me to the balcony.

I stared at all of the colours and items surrounding us as he did so. They were all so beautiful and lively.

I snapped out of my stare by England opening the door to the balcony. He smiled at me happily before he opened the door, the colours of the sunrise reaching my eyes.

I gasped and drew my hands to my face as England smiled happily.

"It's the sun." He said calmly as he pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me comfortingly as tears rolled down my face.

"It's the sun." I echoed croakily as I held my hands on his arms. "What are those colours..?"

"There's red, yellow, orange, and lots of colours in between." He answered as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I sniffled quietly as a teardrop fell down my face slowly. "Well, no matter the colour, I'm glad I got to share it with you."

"I'm glad you agree with me." He replied with a slight smug air as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, causing me to giggle through my tears.

I ran my hand through his hair gently as I sighed happily. "England... What does you're flag look like?"

"I'm glad you asked, Love!" He said instantly as he quickly pulled his head from my shoulder. "Let me show you!" He added excitedly as he started to pull me off of the balcony and back into the large house.

I laughed happily as I looked at all of the many colours that now surrounded me.

I knew it would take awhile to get used to these colours, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.