Canada x Reader

"I Think I'm In Love With You"

You and and your friend Canada were sitting on the swings in an abandoned park, chatting calmly. There was a meeting right now, but you both decided to skip it. Your country was also unnoticed like his, so it wouldn't matter.

You were swinging your feet back and forth, listening to Canada freely talk without a stutter. You smiled at how mildly confident he sounded, which was a great accomplishment for the shy nation. You weren't listening to what he was saying, and when he suddenly stopped talking, you looked up in confusion. "Why'd you stop?"

He frowned slightly, making you instantly feel terrible, before sighing. "I-It was nothing. Y-you can just go back to thinking.."

"It's fine, I wasn't thinking of anything special. What did you say?" You asked, tilting your head to the side slightly.

He paused before mumbling something quietly under his breath. You furrowed your brows, trying to listen, but failing. "What?"

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I-I think I-I'm in l-love with y-you.." He stuttered, a large blush taking over his face and ears.

"Oh." You said in a shocked tone, but quickly recovered. "That sucks." You looked away to hide your smile.

"W-What..?" He questioned, his voice shaky. You didn't connect the shaky voice with the quiet sniffling you heard, and continued.

"Well it sucks because I know I'm in love with you--" You looked up and froze, seeing the tears falling from his purple eyes. You gasped quietly before reaching over and hugging him tightly.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I knew I shouldn't have done it but it seemed funny! I didn't realize--" You were cut off by Canada wrapping his arms around you and holding you closer. He kissed the top of your head gently before talking.

"It's fine, (Y/N). I'm just glad you love me."

You giggled and wrapped your arms around him in reply. "I'm glad you love me too."