England x Reader

"Buckingham Palace"

        Since tonight was the annual once-a-month date night, your beloved boyfriend, Arthur, decided to bring you to Buckingham Palace. And you, being the sad person you were, was determined to make one of the guards react to you somehow.

        As you two entered the palace hand in hand, you instantly started to look around for the guards. Spotting one nearby with not many people around him, you dragged Arthur over to the poor man; Giggling all the way.

         Once you made it over to the man, you let go of Arthur's hand and walked up next to him, leaning against the wall behind him. Sending a quick wink to Arthur, you began to talk to the crowd that had started to look over.

         "He was never talkative." You started. "I remember, in school. He always used to sit by himself, read books. And I was just this girl fooling around, having fun." The man kept his straight face. "He was just reading. You ask him a question, and he'd answer with his head. Yeah--" I nodded "--No." I shook my head. "You ask him what's his name--" I shook my head again, "--No. what? Is that a name? A shake of a head is not a name-- please say your name!" I paused, just to quickly continue on. "And by recess, you know. He's just this guy hanging out. His mother always used to pick him up from school. He was that type of guy, that until he was 20, his Ma would pick him up from school--"

       You were caught off by the guard laughing slightly and looking away from you,  causing you to squeal in delight and run up and your boyfriend and hug him tightly.

         "I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!!! YAAAASSSSS!!!!" You yelled, causing England to laugh and twirl you around once and then setting you back down.

          "Well, since we've gotten the soldier to laugh--"

           "I." You interrupted, causing England to look at you with a confused face. "I was the one who made him laugh."

           England smiled fondly at you before rolling his eyes playfully. "Yes, yes, yes, yes. Since YOU'VE gotten the solider to laugh, I feel it's about time we actually explore the castle, no?"

          "OooOooo!!" You squealed again. "MORE SOLDIERS TO MAKE LAUGH!!!"

~~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~~

        You crept up to another soldier, ready to make him laugh. You took a deep breath, and then began.

       "YOUR BEAUTIFUL!!! YOUR BEAUTIFUL, IT'S TRUE!!!!~~" You sang in an awkwardly high pitch, causing the guard to burst out laughing instantly. You smiled brightly before hugging the soldier and running back to your boyfriend.

~~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~~

        As you and England both entered your shared home, you instantly collapsed onto the couch. England smiled before picking you up and lying back down, you now on his chest.

          You snuggled into the familiar warmth immediately, loving the protective feel being around your boyfriend gave you. You yawned loudly, signaling you were ready to sleep.

         England pulled a blanket from the side of the couch and pulled it on top of you too, allowing you to snuggle back into place afterward. Right before you were about to fall asleep, you spoke.

        "Hey, England..?" He hummed in response. "Thank you; for everything. I love you."

          "I love you too, Poppet."