Roc Steady

"Ray, are you okay?" Roc asked, giving him a gentle pat on the back.

"I'm good bro, think I am just gonna lay down." he murmured, "My head just hurts, gonna try to sleep it off." he added, forcing a smile before turning around and walking to his room.

"I feel so bad for him." Gianna whispered, pouting as the door creaked closed behind Ray Ray.

"Just give him time, I'm sure he'll make it through." Princeton stated.

(Ray Ray)

Damn what the hell just happened? Ray Ray thought. It wasn't only the fact that Cecilia was gone, it was the reality of the two facts that he didn't know about Amani's feelings, and that he had officially lost a part of him.

Falling flat on his bed with a thump, Ray Ray sighed heavily. His head swarming with thoughts. Just then there was a gentle rap on his door. Lifting up with a grunt, he went to the door.

As he opened it, there a squinting Amani stood, holding her head. He had to smile. She looked a mess, but he could tell she really didn't care.

"Good Grace, took you long enough. Do you have an aspirin or something, feels like I am being kicked in the head repeatedly with a spiked boot." she grumbled.

Ray Ray laughed.

"I would laugh, but it hurts." she whispered.

"Hold on, let me see if I have any." he stated.

Amani held on to the door frame for support, she didn't trust her own two feet as of yet. She just knew she was going to fall. She felt so weak and light-headed. Even blinking began to hurt. Shit! she thought as she felt her knees buckle and give.

Ray Ray turned as he heard a squeal, just in enough time to see Amani dip. Within a few lengthy strides he was right next to Amani, catching her by the waist right before she fell to the floor. Picking her up, he carried her over to his bed and laid her down. None of his own problems mattered to him anymore, all he carried about was taking care of her.

(A Little More Than An Hour Later)

Amani stirred, grunting as she forced her heavy lids open. Slowly she looked around, averting her gaze from left to right, sure not to strain to hard, wincing as her head continued to throb mildly. She slowly rose up and stared as Ray Ray slept in a chair beside her, his head lolling and bobbing as his head fell then he lifted it back up, only for it to fall again.

Looking over to the nightstand, she smiled as she saw a cup half filled with water and two Tylenol's resting beside it.

"Thank you," she praised, more to herself than to him, but he stirred none the less.

She watched as Ray Ray came to life from head to toe, stretching.

"Hey," he whispered, "Do you feel better?" he asked.

"A little," she admitted, "I really needed that, thanks." she added.

"Not a problem," he added, giving a weak smile.

"What's wrong?" she asked quirking an arched brow at him.

Amani watched as he hesitated.

"Nothing," he sighed.

"I know you're lying," she murmured.

"I am not," he defended.

"Yes you are, now tell me." she stated.

"But I don't want to burden you with my problems." he confessed.

Amani scooted over in his bed and patted the area next to her for him to sit and he did.

"Talk to me," she whispered, patting his hand.

"You see, me and Cecilia are over." he sighed.

He looked up at Amani's expression to find her pouting.

"Why?" she asked completely bewildered.

"Well, because of you." he confessed.

"WHAT?" Amani asked, her heart falling straight into her ass, her eyes widening, "Come again."

"She asked how I felt about you, and lets just say, I gave the wrong answer." he replied.

"I'm sorry," Amani murmured.

"Don't be," he whispered, pulling her towards him so her head rested on his shoulder, "it was for the better, trust me. I'd rather lose her than to hurt her, and though she played strong, I know that I did." he confessed.

"And that's what's really getting to me, it's not so much the break up as it is the fact that I hurt her." he added.

As Ray Ray stared down at Amani, he saw the tears begin welling in her eyes.

"Hey," he whispered, wiping away the straying streaks, "Why are you crying?" he asked frowning.

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault, it seems like all I can do is cause problems." she cried, "I really am, if it wasn't for me, you'd still be with Cecilia and in love, but now you're miserable, and it's all because of me." she murmured, her voice cracking as she began sobbing.

"Please stop, because it's not." he stated, hugging her tighter.

"How can you say that?" she cried incredulously.

"Because I chose..."

Amani lifted a little to look Ray Ray in the eyes, "Chose what?"

"Chose to accept the reality of the fact that ------" Ray Ray started, but was cut short as there was a knock on his door.

Damn, just when I was about to say it. he thought.

"Who is it?" he growled.

"It's me," the voice was so familiar.

By the time he'd realized who it was, it was far too late.

"I forgot my -----" Cecilia stopped right in her tracks.

As stared at the scene before her, her ex-boyfriend of less than two hours laid cradling Amani, in his bed. Where they'd laid and talked, expressed their future dreams and goals, where they laughed, where they loved.

She stood rigidly frozen, her mouth agape, tears running down her face. At the current moment, she just wished the floor would open up beneath her and swallow her.

Aww damn! It can't get any worse. Ray Ray thought.

"I-I-I'll come back another time," she stuttered.

"Cecilia," he warned, "Wait." he yelled after her as she spun on her heels.

"I have to go," she cried.

"I think I should go," Amani concluded.

"Please don't," he pleaded.

"I should." she repeated.

"But I need to ------" he started.

"You guys need to talk and sort things out, and me being here, right now, is not helping, I'm only gettig in the way and making it worse. There will be plenty of time to talk...afterwards." she explained.

Ray Ray watched as she hugged him, then eased her way around him, hanging her head low. He knew that she too, was crying.

I'm just hurting everybody and now I am alone. he thought frowning.

"What am I doing wrong?" he asked himself as he stared up at his bare ceiling. What am I doing wrong?