Silhouette

“I needs to calls my fams yo’” Shay announced.

“For what?” Prodigy asked, playing in her hair.

“Umm, to let her know I’m still alive and haven’t been blown away or sucked into some sort of vortex, or abducted by pygmy aliens, you know, the usual everyday run of the mill.” Shay explained shrugging.

“You see, times like these is when I really begin to question our friendship,” Rhian whispered.

(A Few Minutes Later)

After the girls notified their parents, and the boys called Keisha they turned back on Shay’s iPod as it blasted music.

As the song filled the room, Shay got up and turned on the replay button. Roc and Princeton smiled as Chris Brown began the verse.

“This is baby makin’ music right here!” Cecilia whispered, obviously approving the song, “Shay, girl what you doin’ with this song?” she asked smiling slyly.

“Sweetie, you obviously don’t know me!” Shay giggled, “But what you know ‘bout baby makin’ music?” Shay asked, arching her manicured brow.

“A lil’ somethin’ somethin’,” Cecilia quipped, winking.

“See, this my kinda girl right here,” Shay called over the music.

“Boo, this could be our song right here,” Roc whispered into Rhian’s ear, as the song started again.

“Why you say that?” she asked blushing as Prodigy went along with the song, repeating the verse.

“Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, ‘cause its getting hot girl, give me all you got girl. Don’t have to rush, ain’t going nowhere

I’ll take off your thong, put you’re legs in the air. Girl I’m gonna pick you up, pick you up. Rock you like a baby. Loving you so crazy. I’ma make you have a flash back, to your first time. But this time you know just what you like so…” Prodigy sung, him and the boys bobbing their heads. Roc, Prince, and Prod took the chorus.

“Dont be acting shy up in this room, like I make you nervous (ooh). I’ma take my time and do your body right, if you let me (uh huh).I’ma make you feel like a virgin again, again. I’ma make you feel like a virgin again, again. I’ma make you feel like a virgin again, again. I’ma make you feel like a virgin, promise ima make it all worth it. I’ma make you feel like a virgin again.”

Rhian put her head down, her face hot again, and she could feel Roc’s gaze.

(Later That Night)

Everyone had retired to their destination. Roc and Rhian were up in his room, fooling around on his bed. Gianna and Princeton were laying on his bed, plagued with sneaky fingers. Ray Ray and Cecilia were in Ray’s room watching a movie. Prodigy was crooning to Shay.

While Amani laid, on a blow up mattress in the entertainment room. There she sat, in the silent room. Her knees drawn to her chest as she embraced them tightly, staring down at her toes that were polished a bright green.

She never realized how alone she was until this very moment, when she was actually alone. The dark room casted shadows of lone furnitures. The howl of the wind and brutal swaying of the trees, made everything all the more irritating. I always end up alone! she thought angrily. As tears stung her eyes and made her mouth feel heavy. The bitter taste of hurt stung like acid on the tip of her tongue.

(An Hour Later)

The entire house was silent, yet she couldn’t sleep. Not only was the air bed really uncomfortable, but the wind, thunder, lightening, and heavy rain scared her, though she’d never admit it.

Just then, one of the doors creaked open, silence, then padded footsteps. She couldn’t make him out in the darkness, he was just a silhouette. There was something squarish in his hands that were outstretched to her.

“I came to check on you,” he whispered, “Sorry about earlier,”

“I’m fine,” she lied, blindly scrubbing at her face trying to wipe away her tears.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Positive,” she murmured.

“Uh, here…” he suggested, thrusting the squarish thing, that turned out to be a smooth duvet throw, “I brought you an extra blanket, just in case you got cold,” he explained.

“Gee, thanks!” she muttered, slowly pulling the blanket from his fingers, dropping it on the bed.

Frowning, he sat beside her, “What’s up?” he asked, gently shaking her leg.

“Nothing,” she answered quickly.

“You’re lying,” he taunted.

“Shouldn’t you be with your girl?” she asked, trying to change the subject. She felt him shrug beside her. She then felt his arm ease around her waist, drawing her to him.

“You, -—-” she whispered, but he shushed her.

Before she could say another word, his lips were hotly on hers. The kiss, was sweet and passionate. Slow and deliberate. There was no doubt that he knew what he was doing. Sighing against his mouth Amani melted into the kiss. He pulled away and started to get up.

“Wait, stay…don’t go, I’m scared of thunder. Just stay until I fall asleep,” she whispered.

The last thing, she remembered, before she drifted off into sweet slumber, were his arms around her, drawing her to him. Everything in that moment, felt safe, perfect, right.

(The Next Morning)

Amani stretched, mewling in content, he was still there, curled up against her. She knew exactly who it was. He yawned. 

“Mornin’” he whispered, smiling.

“Mornin’, I think you should get back to your bed before you’re missed,” she suggested.

“Yeah…” he whispered awkwardly, pecking her on the cheek before getting up.

“Oh, this is bad!” Amani groaned into her hands after he left. Real bad!