Just Ignore It

At Mindless Behavior House

“Yo Roc, your phone’s ringing!” Princeton called.

Roc didn’t even look up from his game. He would be damned if he was going to let Ray Ray beat him in a game of Madden 11. 

“Just ignore it,” Roc mumbled, putting his focus back into winning.

Picking up the phone, Princeton pressed the Reject button, and continued browsing through the TV Channels. The phone rung again, Princeton ignored it. And then it rung again. Frustrated, Princeton picked back up the phone, looking at the caller ID intently.

“Roc, who is Kimberleigh?” Princeton asked, quirking a brow.

Prodigy, sitting up, added his insight, “And why she keep blowin’ up your phone every minute?”

Pausing the game, Ray Ray and Roc exchanged looks. “Isn’t that the chick from the concert a few months back?” Ray Ray asked.

“Oh, you mean the one, who was backstage, with the long hair and pretty eyes?” Princeton asked.

“Oh yeah, now I remember her!” Prodigy said.

“You gave her your number?” Princeton asked, incredulously, “You know we have to be careful about giving out our numbers” he warned.

Shrugging nonchalantly,Roc got up and reached for his phone. Answering it as he began to chime again.

On the Phone

“Hello,”

“Yes, Roc, where were you yesterday?” the female interrogated

“I was -—, "

“You couldn’t call me, babe?” she cut him off, hurt in her tone. " You couldn’t tell me where you were, or at least text me, you know?" she asked.

“Kimberleigh, I was trying to sa——” he was cut off again.

“What is it, Roc?” she asked. " Huh, you don’t want me to be your girlfriend anymore?" she added, accusingly.

Prince, Ray, and Prod looked on as Roc rested his hand against his forehead, cringing and sighing.

The Boys

“Damn, I see why he ain’t wanna answer, that chick got him stressin’,” Prodigy sympathized. 

“I thank God, my girl ain’t like that!” Ray Ray noted, smiling.

“Yeah, I know, mine ain’t like that either. Can’t take all those drama-prone chicks.” Princeton explained.

On the Phone

“Kimberleigh, it ain’t even like that! Damn, girl, will you just let me talk, give me a few minutes to explain.” Roc muttered.

“Who do you think you talking to Roc! I ain’t no kinda groupie, or pick me up that you can talk to however you please, respect me!” she hissed.

“Kim-—"

“I don’t wanna hear it, Roc, I will call you when I feel like it, and you better answer!”

Click.

Before he could even reply. Damn, how rude. He thought.

Rhian

“You did what!” Shayla exclaimed, laughing.

“I accidently tripped Roc Royal,” Rhian said, cringing.

“As in THE Roc Royal?” Shayla asked, her eyes bulging.

“Mmm-hmm,” Rhian hummed.

“So what was it like, is he as sexy in person, are his lips as sexy?” Shayla asked excitedly.

“Is that all you think about LaShaylia?” Gianna asked.

“You damn straight!” Shay answered.

“So what about the rest of them?” Gianna asked, “Were they there too?”

Rhian nodded. "And they laughed at me because I made a complete fool of myself!" she groaned.

“So this was all your fault,” Shay accused, pointing to Sin, who laid sleeping beside the bed where the three girls sat.

Rhian wondered why she even chased him in the first place, she knew he would’ve came back. Sighing as she realized the whole epic scene could have been avoided.