Lockdown

“Aww damn!” Princeton yelled.

“What happened?” Roc asked, as everybody gathered in the entertainment room.

“Man, we under hurricane watch, they saying nobody should leave their houses under any circumstances. They say to stay inside until they issue further notices,” he explained.

“And?” Prodigy asked, shrugging.

“That means, everybody is stuck here in this house!” Princeton exclaimed.

“Us, the girls…” he added.

“Damn, and Keisha is over by Walter getting the tour dates and information confirmed, so she’s probably stuck there, which means we got the house to ourselves.” Ray Ray whispered.

“Ha, sleepover!” Roc exclaimed, smiling as he pulled Rhian close to him.

“You’ve got to be shitting me!” Gianna hissed, cupping her face.

“Well, good thing we brought extra clothes incase we got in the pool,” Shay added.

“Yo, Prince, call Keisha and see what she doing,” Prodigy called.

Just then the house phone rung.

“I got it!” Ray Ray yelled, jumping up. He looked down at the Caller ID and mouthed the name Keisha. The boys all nodded. Ray Ray pressed the speaker button.

“Hello?” Ray Ray called into the receiver.

“Ray Ray, have y’all heard the warning?” Keisha asked, her soft voice filling the entire room.

“Yeah,”

“Okay, please stay inside, I’m not gonna be able to make it back to the house in enough time, so I’m going to stay by Walter. Call me and keep me updated okay?” she advised, her voice thick with worry.

“Yeah,” Ray Ray assured.

“Okay, well I will check on you guys later,”

“’Kay, bye,”

“I’m going home, if y’all,” Gianna announced, getting up, she pointed to Rhian, Amani, and Shay, “Wanna stay here, fine by me.”

Princeton sighed as everybody went silent. Standing up, in one swift movement, he had Gianna in his arms. And nothing in his life ever felt more right.

“You’re not going anywhere,” he whispered, tightening his grasp around her waist.

“Let me go,” she hoarsely demanded, pushing against his chest, trying to distance them.

Everybody watched them intently.

She was still wet from the rain. Her hair sticking to her face and shoulders. Her skin warm to the touch.

It felt good, more than good, being in his arms, his embrace. The more she pushed him away, the closer and tighter he pulled her to him. She could feel his heart beat against her chest, a measured, monotonous thump, thump. She feel everybody’s eyes burning through her, but none of that mattered, not right now.

Princeton’s hands worked up from her waist up to the small of her back. Sending sweet chills up and down her spine. 

“Don’t touch me!” she warned.

He ignored her, pressing her even closer against him.

“I swear --, " she hissed but was shushed as his lips covered hers. Slowly pulling away, he went at it again. Gingerly suckling and pulling on her top lip. Smiling against her parted mouth as she did the same thing to his bottom lip.

Closing her eyes, Gianna gave into the kiss, parting her lips, pressing her body against his.

Only after she pulled away from his searing kiss did she remember that they had an audience. Amani gave her a thumbs up and animated smile. Rhian just smiled and clapped along with the boys as the hooted and hollered. While Shay and Cecilia shook their heads grinning.

Her face growing hot again, she rested it against Princeton’s shoulder as she nibbled on her bottom lip while Princeton laughed, his chin resting atop her head.