Tempt Me Not

Rhian awoke to the slow pitter-patter of rain. There she laid curled up in Roc’s strong embrace as he slept, lightly snoring. Smiling, she slowly moved his hands, one by one, her eyes intent on him, making sure she didn’t wake him. Pouting to herself, after stealing some secret kisses and time with him, she slowly backed her way out of the room and worked her way back into the living room. Looking from left to right as she entered, she searched. Ray Ray and Amani had longed passed out on the floor, consoles in hand, ‘Game Over’ blinking wildly on the 3D flat screen TV. Prodigy too, was knocked out, gently snoring on the sofa, his head careening on the back cushion. Shay, her head resting against his chest, laid smiling peacefully, her eyes closed, Prodigy’s arms loosely around her. Rhian tried to creep deeper into the room, only to step on a bag of snacks, that crunched beneath her foot.

Shay’s eyes snapped open instantly, her smile turned into a silent yawn. 

“What’s up?” Shay asked, getting up and stretching.

“Nothing, let’s go, I gotta be home by ten, wake up Mani, and where’s Gi?”

“I’on know, the last time I saw her, she went that way,” Shay whispered, pointing toward the hall where Rhian had not too long ago, emerged from.

“Wake up Mani,” Rhian repeated, “I’ma grab our stuff and look for Gi,” she murmured.

Shay nodded, and tiptoed around controllers and such.

Gianna stretched languorously, sighing as she stretched her feet down. Opening her eyes, she stared up at Princeton who was sleeping soundlessly, save for the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest, he was completely still. Quietly scooting out of the bed, she reached for her strewn clothes, and threw them back on, and tiptoed her way out of the room, down the hall and into the living room. As she passed the last door, she met two sets of intent eyes. She immediately flushed, her face hot with embarrassment.

“Where were you?” Rhian asked, her gaze penetrating, seemed to burn holes right through Gianna.

“Uh…,” Gianna murmured, stammering, then clearing her throat, “I was in the bathroom,” she whispered.

Shay gave her a once over, and once again went back over to Amani, shaking her back awake.

“Huh?” Amani grunted, lifting her head from the carpeted floor, a tiny trickle of drool on the back of the hand she was laying on.

“Eww,” Shay whispered, “Wipe your mouth Mani, you slobbing and ish,” she whispered, giggling.