Chapter 7

She never drank the tea.

That however didn't stop Walter Alpha from grabbing her by her ears and throwing her minutes later into a cage.

Like, like an animal!

She had pained tears in her eyes as he carried her as if she was a pet down to an even darker cellar. However, this cellar was not like others... no, this one had many doors, many cages of dogs barking in them- their red eyes glowing when light from his torch shone on them.

"YOU KEEP YOUR GRANDCHILDREN IN THE DARKNESS?!" Judy yelled at him, horrified and he just sighed. He replied back quietly.

"Only the one's that can't speak."

Urgh! It disgusted her how he had mutated his lineage this way. What type of creature was he?

A monster! That's what!

Finally he placed her cage in front of a giant door. She looked up to see she could barely even reach the handle if she were on her two feet, let alone in a cage.

"You wanted to know what became of apes?" Walter said to Judy quietly, and lifted the cage to the glass window of the door.

She peered through it, still shivering herself from her hunger and injuries. She could only see a white room with play things in it... toys and play sets and she blinked her eyes, confused.

"What?" She said, and yelled, looking at him in terrified tears. "YOU TURNED THEM INTO TOYS?!"

"Brain the size of a pea..." Walter uttered to himself and Judy shut her mouth, her eyebrows lowering as she glared at him, angrily.

"What did you do to them!"

"Meet... their children..." Walter only replied. He opened the door and placed Judy's cage in the room. She spun around in her cage to see where he had gone, but the door was locked split seconds later. She spun back around, dashing her eyes this way and that- trying to catch the apes... or their "children" as Walter had put it.

She suddenly heard a giggle, as she saw weird furless creatures with wide happy eyes and smooth skin run up to her cage in excitement.

"Looky!" the first creature said as he picked up her cage, she pressed up against the opposite side of her confines, terrified. This animal had never been in any of her school animal books.

"Bunny! Bunny!" the female young one said in delight, clapping her hands and quickly pushed the male one away. She opened the cage and grabbed Judy, bringing her out.

Judy- in a state of pure animal instinct- bit the girl creature and jumped away. She quickly analysed the room to see that it was pretty big. With beds and other doors in the walls which must lead to other rooms.

"What are they?"

She whispered this to herself, as she jumped up onto the monitor camera, to keep out of their reach... but the young creatures just cried that she had got away.

"They... Miss Judy Hopps." Walter said to her from the microphone which was hidden somewhere in the room.

"...are humans."