Chapter 3

The journey back was quiet... isolating and silent.

Nick looked over to Judy a few times, not knowing what to really say. What words could he get out? Maybe none, would be best. But some of the words he had already spoken had gotten him into hot water.

But his best friend had whisked him out of it... denying the claim he had made and simply stated.

"No one needs to know."

But yes, yes in fact they did.

But prison... disqualification... losing a place in society he had never held before... was it worth it just to be noble in himself?

He had spent so many of his years not being noble... why should he start now?

Because, murder is murder... no matter what degree it is in involvement.

"We're here."

Nick paused in his thinking, as he saw that they had arrived outside his apartment block and he had to ask.

"I thought we were going to the station first?"

"No, Nick... we need to talk."

"Look, Judy... please, don't make me talk about my past... about my stupid affiliations."

"Nick." the bunny only spoke back quietly, and hit her head weakly into the wheel, frustrated... but scared if anything else. "We have to talk about everything... this is really serious. And we have to talk."

"No, Carrots, you don't seem to understand. I can't talk about this tonight... it's just... too soon. Sorry."

Nick began to get out of the car, but the door locked automatically and the fox smirked, looking at Judy, with a raised eyebrow and simply replied.

"Wow, I wonder how to unlock this."

He began to flick the lock on his door open and Judy just locked it again with her keys.

"This game... is annoying..." he said with a tired breath, and looked at her. He turned back and said in a simple sigh. "Fine come in... I've got some rabbit stew left over from last night anyway."

"Ha ha." Judy said quietly, not amused and she hopped out of her side, unlocking Nick's door with her keys and the fox got out as well.

Though he felt the tenseness throughout his body magnify and make him nervous about their upcoming discussion.

xxxx

They walked into the apartment block, and in five minutes time were on the sixth floor and in Nick's kitchen, Judy drinking herbal tea while Nick helped himself to some coffee.

"So, we'll just put the file back, and tell everyone that we found nothing, no trace, nadda."

Nick said this in quick precise words and Judy just kept quiet as she gave quick sips of her tea, before adding finally.

"Okay."

"I honestly believe that-"

"Okay, Nick... okay..." Judy just interrupted him, frustrated in herself and he looked at her, a little worried as he asked.

"Everything okay, hunny bunny?"

"No... besides this STUPID case, I have to know... what the hell are we doing, Nick?"

The fox grew nervous at that reply, and looked around trying to find something to hide his confusion- or worse yet, exact knowledge of what she was speaking of.

"We are covering up a crime scene... because I made five monkeys fall off a ledge-"

"Not just that, and yes... that is horrible let alone bizarre as it is." the bunny replied but looked up at him from the table she was sitting at, Nick just leaning against the counter a little away and she asked again.