TN | Setting The Record - 33

Start from the beginning

"I'll be back, I gotta go check on my sister

"I'll be back, I gotta go check on my sister." Kai said, looking around for his keys. Rosè frowned as she held her hands behind her back. "You seen my keys?"

"Nope." Rosè said quickly, looking out the window. Kai looked at her suspiciously and glared.

"Oh yeah? Why your hands behind your back?" He asked before walking over to her, crawling on the bed.

Rosè instantly started laughing. "Boy, move. I don't know what you're talking about." She said, trying to back up.

She wasn't fast enough and Kai trapped her legs in his arms, pulling her to him. "Come here." He said smoothly.

Rosè started dying laughing and Kai made it worse by tickling her on her sides. Her hands flung from behind her back and the keys went flying in the air. Kai laughed as he caught them and planted a kiss on her stomach.

"I'll be back, I promise." He told her. "I made you some orange juice."

Rosè stared at him and licked her lips. "Thank you."

"I will be back." He repeated, sitting up and throwing a pillow at her. "Aight?"

"Mhm." She said, rolling her eyes. "Can you hurry up?"

Kai just ignored her, turning away and heading out her room. He jogged down the stairs and hurried off to his car. The quicker he moved, the quicker he could be back home to Rosè. As of lately, it was getting harder and harder to separate the two. They loved being around each other and hated being separated unless they absolutely had to. Otherwise, you couldn't catch one without the other.

Rosè was all over Kai's social media and was at almost all of his workout sessions unless work got in the way. Kai even got the meet Rosè's family and attend important events almost all the time. This got him exposure in the business world. Kai didn't really need it anymore since he wasn't even considering the rental dealership anymore. Rosè had him convinced that he deserved something bigger and better and she was going to be his agent while helping him get there.

Truth was, this was all great but little did they know this would only complicate everything.

     Kaivar pulled up smoothly in front of Ray's house noticing that only one car was in front

     Kaivar pulled up smoothly in front of Ray's house noticing that only one car was in front. He didn't recognize this car so he figured it didn't belong to Amora. He decided to test his luck and go to the door anyway.

As he walked him, the neighborhood seemed oddly quiet with only the sound of wind accompanying his visit to the porch. He beat his large fist into the door three times and waited for an answer.

Nothing.

He knocked three times again, this time a little harder.

Nothing.

Getting impatient, he pounded his fist into the door two more times before the door flung open to stop the third. Behind the door was the same dude who had answered when he visited for the first time. This time he appeared shaken up with bags under his eyes as if he hadn't got any sleep.

"What up, dude?" He asked, looking Kai up and down.

"Syrah here?" Kai asked, cutting straight to the chase.

Ray shook his head. "Nah, she ain't been here for about a week or so. You might wanna ask Amora about that." He said with a shrug.

"Well is she here?" Kai asked, looking around in the back. It was mess; garbage everywhere and dishes filling the sink. "Everything good?"

Ray shrugged. "Amora will probably be by here later." He said simply. "Come by then or tomorrow. She's off tomorrow."

Kai nodded. "Bet, I'll be here."