Epilogue

Five Years Later...

It was raining terribly over New York today, and the traffic wasn't making anything any better. Since Dimitri never drove himself to work, he took cabs more often than not, but being at a stand-still in the middle of the road wasn't going to cut it today. It was one of the more special days of the year, so he wasn't about to waste several minutes of it sitting in a back seat.

"I have to get out here," he announced to the driver, setting aside a box in his lap to dig out his wallet. After kindly paying the man who'd picked him up earlier, Dimitri took off his raincoat and placed it on top of the box. It was far more important that its contents stayed perfectly intact than if he got soaked from the weather. And, as anticipated, the moment Dimitri shut the cab door behind him and hurried through the stalled traffic to the sidewalk, he was already drenched from head to toe, blonde hair matted down to his shoulders.

Unbothered, Dimitri carefully shielded the box in his arms from the rain and ran, passing others with umbrellas to get home. He was only a couple streets away, and when he finally reached the high-rise he and his husband lived in, he quickly gained access and rushed inside.

Waiting for the elevator, he shook his hair out like a wet dog and caught his breath. He was going to look ridiculous coming home like this, but he couldn't sit in that traffic any longer just to let time pass him by. When he was on his floor, he unlocked the door to the condo. The door smacked the wall after he pushed it open, and the noise called attention to himself.

"Daddy's here!" he heard the excited little voice, and just a second later, he watched as his precious little girl hurried to the front door from the bedroom area. She was just turning three years old on this rainy day, and she scurried happily to him when he went for the dining area. Her name was Serena Lilly Leventis, and she was a sweet, blonde-haired, hazel eyed girl who looked a lot like her father when he was a toddler.

When Dimitri set down the box he'd been covering with his coat, he knelt to her small height and cupped her chubby face, kissing all over her face as she giggled in glee. "Happy birthday my beautiful princess."

"You all wet, Daddy!" she squirmed out of his arms, "Cold!"

Letting her go, Dimitri stood upright again, "Where's your Papa?"

"Right here," Kurt's voice followed. He'd just come from the master bedroom he and Serena had been in watching a movie. Dressed in black sweatpants and a dark grey tank top, his floppy fringe was muddled atop his head, and he looked comfortable do to his day spent at home with their daughter. "Did someone dip you in the ocean, love?" he laughed, kissing his husband's lips.

"That traffic was taking forever. I had to hurry up and get here."

When he felt a tug at the bottom of his pants, Dimitri looked down at his daughter, "Daddy," she said, "I have toys for my birthday?"

"You're anxious to open your presents, huh?"

When she nodded cutely, he excused himself for a moment to dry off and change his clothes. Back into the dining area once he was put together in blue pajama bottoms and a black t-shirt, his damp hair was now bundled up in a bun. Upon entering the dining area again, Dimitri stopped for a moment to admire the picture before him. Kurt was sitting at the table with their wonderful little girl, and she was talking to him with all the joy in the world in her voice.

Three years ago, Kurt had graduated from NYU after completing the few remaining courses he had left, and instead of putting his degree to use right away, he'd purposed that they work on building their family since they'd already been married for two years. Having loved the idea immediately, Dimitri was quick to accept that he, too, would love for them to have a baby together, and after an extensive search for the right woman, Dimitri's own sperm had been used. Nine months later...they had their daughter Serena.

And they couldn't be happier.

These days, Dimitri was still working as Marketing Director for the company he transferred to back then, and Kurt, while not exactly a journalist or editor as he'd previously driven for, he ran a successful blog based off the experiences in his life. Though one would think trying to put everything negative behind him would help him heal better, Kurt found dishing everything out worked just as well. If there was anything he wanted for the followers of his blog, it was to help anyone out there in similar situations as he'd been in. He would always be unable to get those years back he'd wasted messing around with men who hadn't cared about him, but he always looked forward to the years ahead now that he was married to the man of his dreams, and together they had a little girl who strengthened the glue keeping them together.

Seeing Dimitri staring out of the corner of his eye, Kurt looked in his direction and held a hand out to him. "You seem lost," the younger man said.

"I was just appreciating the view," Dimitri laughed a little.

After the candles were placed on the cake Dimitri had rushed to bring home, Serena made her birthday wish and blew out the flames. Countless pictures were taken, the presents sent from Grandma Sherrie and Grandpa Attis were opened, as well as the ones provided by her own parents. "What do you say?" Kurt said to the toddler when she finished hugging one of her new stuffed bunny rabbits.

"Thank you, Papa! Thank you, Daddy!"

Sitting in a chair beside Kurt, Dimitri smiled, "You're welcome, sweetie."

Serena then gladly circled the table with her bunny in her arms and puckered her lips, receiving a kiss from both of her loving fathers. As they watched her scamper away dragging a birthday bag of toys behind her, Dimitri and Kurt both felt a parallel tick in their hearts when she vanished to her room. She was the most important thing in their lives, and always would be so long as they were alive, and while she might never know the pains and hardships either of her dads felt in their lifetimes, they would work together to keep their sweet girl safe, and pray she would never have to experience the terrors of some of the things they'd gone through.

Suddenly, then, Dimitri's cheeks blushed when a kiss was pressed to the corner of his mouth. He met Kurt's stunning dark blue eyes, closing his eyes when the younger man nuzzled into him like a feline asking for attention. "What is it?" Dimitri asked.

"I did it again," Kurt whispered, pressing numerous kisses against his husband's lips now.

"Did what again?" Dimitri couldn't help a laugh, especially when the kisses reached his neck and began to tickle a little.

Stealing his lips from the flurry of kisses he delivered to the older man, Kurt stood from the chair he'd been seated in and kissed the back of Dimitri's hand. In a voice overflowing with affection and honesty, he then turned his nose into the palm of his lover's hand and caressed it with his lips. "I fell in love with you again," he said, "Like I always do."

Dimitri blushed even harder and it felt like he heart might give out from just how in love he was with his beautiful person before him. When he was younger, he never once thought he'd be capable of feeling as he did right now, but he thanked the heavens for allowing him to meet such a perfect human being. Now, they had each other, not only in this life, but he was certain they'd always somehow find each other even in the next.

___

20 over 30 is finally completed, and I just want to thank everyone who stuck around from beginning to end. I know the wait for updates was atrocious sometimes, but my college life keeps me from being able to write as I wish I could. But, seriously, you guys are so freakin' amazing and I love you all so much! To feel the love and appreciation when you express what even a single chapter does for you guys is so...wonderful. Really, it does me so good :') I wish I could truly express myself, but I'm not all to good putting words together for myself. Just, thank you all so much for driving me to write my stories.

comment/vote if you like xoxoxox.

Hugs and Kisses for life!!