VII - Scars & Memories

"Dick move," James said to himself as he drove home. He hadn't meant to be so rude to Kellen, but he was so concerned with himself that he hadn't taken his words into account. He knew Kellen was right about his sudden affair with Kurt. It was way too fast, and the fact that they'd already slept together was a huge risk he'd taken with his health and future.

There was no way he could know that Kurt didn't have some kind of STD, and although James knew for a fact that he was completely clean, Kurt didn't know if he could transmit anything either.

As James drove home, he thought about how awkward work would likely be now, about how his friendship with Kellen had gone down the drain in just five minutes. What was he going to do? He didn't want to stop seeing Kurt, but maybe it was about that time to put up some rules, or slow this whole thing down. But James didn't know how to do that. To take this comfort from himself, he struggled with the idea of pushing Kurt aside, especially since he was aware of the company the younger man needed. If he just threw Kurt aside so suddenly, what would he look like then?

When he got to his apartment, James went up and inside. He threw the loaded duffel bag he had aside and stormed into his room, falling down on his bed. As he laid there with his arms folded under his head, his thoughts ran over the entire night he and Kurt had, and he wanted to relive all of it again.

During his workout session at the gym, he was surprised at how relaxed all of his muscles had been, and while he would admit that his backside was still a little tender, he felt positively wonderful.

He closed his eyes as he lay there, envisioning just how Kurt had touched him, held him all throughout the night. James sat up then and looked back towards the mirror across the room. As he sat in bed, he lifted the shirt he'd been wearing and let it fall to the space beside him. His upper chest was still riddled with Kurt's markings, and when he stood to get a closer look at them, he could see why Kellen's worry came into play earlier.

The hickies were just red blemishes that were beginning to fade, but the traces of teeth markings along his ribcage, shoulders, there was even a couple at his hips, and when he turned around, he found some imprints at the top of his bottom and a single one on the back of his calve that he hoped no one had noticed at the gym. There were just so many and he wondered shortly how long they would stay.

Why does he do this? James wanted to know.

Was it to mark his territory, was it just a kink he had, or was there another reason to explain why Kurt got off on sinking his teeth into his lovers? Was James the only one he ever bit? If so...why?

Dressing into sweats and a regular black t-shirt, James bundled his hair up and went into the living room with his phone. He thought about calling Kellen to apologize for what he'd said before, but he was too afraid of the anger that could be waiting for him on the other line. He didn't need someone to tell him he was being reckless, because he was already aware of the huge risk he was taking with Kurt. Part of the reason, too, was because he didn't want anyone to succeed in convincing him that what he had with Kurt was wrong. Instead, he sat alone with the television for a while until there was a knock at his door.

He was just about to head into the kitchen to get something to eat, but headed for the door instead. Without bothering to look through the peephole, he opened up and found Kurt standing outside. His car keys were still dangling in his hand, and when their eyes met, James could tell right away the young man before him wasn't feeling very well. "Come inside," he said, stepping back to make room in the doorway.

Kurt, however, moved directly for James. Without saying a word, the young, silent man wrapped James up in his arms, bringing their lips together in a kiss that spoke of impatience and admiration. Caught up in the suddenness of it all, James let himself fall into the receiving embrace. His mouth came open just a ways to allow Kurt entry, their tongues dancing passed one another before the kiss was sealed. As James stood trapped within the young man's arms, he couldn't help but feel so wanted, so protected and appreciated, especially when Kurt's embrace loosened and they merely stood together in the entryway of the apartment.