XXI - Yes & Yes

Standing outside of a clinic that tested for STDs, Dimitri was on the phone with a woman who was looking to sell the condo he had his eye on. He went ahead and scheduled a walkthrough dated in two days so him and Kurt could get a good look at it. From the pictures and description of the home, the condominium was their favorite out of the handful of others available. No matter where they settled, though, Dimitri just couldn't wait to essentially start over with Kurt. He was more than ready to take their relationship further, ask for the younger man's hand in marriage, settle down and sort out their life together. While he was still a little nervous about asking Kurt if he'd marry him, Dimitri decided to let the question sit on his tongue for a while longer. He was certain Kurt loved him just as much, but his nerves were getting the better of him.

After hanging up with the woman in New York, Dimitri turned to find Kurt exiting the clinic. His floppy dark fringe was a bit unkempt, his skin looked a little paler than before, and there were tired shadows beneath his beautiful dark blue eyes, and just looked totally exhausted, but he wouldn't admit that he wanted nothing more than to curl up and sleep for a while. With the visit they were going to take to Dimitri's parent's house, Kurt had to tag along, more so because neither of them wanted him to be alone.

"Since we're moving," Kurt said, taking Dimitri's hand when it was held out to him as they started toward the car, "I'll have to log onto some website to check my results. They said they'd call when I can see them." He took a moment and then went on, "I hope you don't mind, but I'd rather not have sex until we know for sure I don't have anything."

Honestly, Dimitri didn't expect them to have sex for a while. Not that he was bothered by that idea. Of course, he wasn't. He knew this horrible experience his boyfriend had gone through yet again would steer him away from certain things, and sexual intimacy was definitely one of those things. "I understand," Dimitri pressed the button on his keyring to unlock the car, "I can wait as long as you need to."

When they dropped into the car, Dimitri started the engine and began their journey to his parent's house. "What sucks, too," Kurt went on, "Is that I love having sex with you. I've loved our sex life since the first time we did it, and putting that aside for I don't know how long feels like shit. But, I just can't. For now, at least."

Reaching over while leaving on hand on the steering wheel, Dimitri took hold of one of Kurt's hand and brought it to his lips. "Let's just focus on settling down, yeah?" he said, "We've got a home to make our own, a new city to explore, and I'm sure we've got so many more things to look forward to together."

With that promise in mind, Kurt tried to keep his mind away from negative thoughts. Images and the voice of Mick were trying their hardest to distract him, but he found putting all his focus onto the man he loved helped to keep the feelings of disgust and terror at bay, at least a little. In his mind, as he continued to hold Dimitri's hand in his own, Kurt could envision their perfect life together. Waking up beside his lover, cooking breakfast together, going out on the town, kissing the older man when he got home, anything and everything that made their futures their own...it was all something Kurt knew he'd go insane without. All of him wanted Dimitri Leventis more and more each day, from morning till night, he'd spend the rest of his existence in Dimitri's arms if he could.

After a little while of driving, the couple arrived to Dimitri's parent's house, and they got out to ring the doorbell. Kurt was still a bit afraid of being here. He had visible bruises on his body, harsh hand markings around his neck from when Mick would strangle him, so could already hear Mr. and Mrs. Leventis' concerned voices. Sticking to their plan, however, they wouldn't tell the real story behind Kurt's injuries.

Quickly, prior to ringing the doorbell, Dimitri went ahead and gave Kurt a kiss on the cheek. A moment later, Sherrie Leventis opened the front door and her elated smile upon seeing her son abruptly changed. "Oh, dear," she placed a hand over her mouth, "Kurt, sweetie, what happened to you? Come, come inside and have a seat."