Woofers

the Toronto trip finished in a split-series thankfully, but not without a little conflict to spice things up.

Marcus did end up being one of the pitchers that the guys faced, and realistically, I have to admit he was good.

he was right when he said all pitchers had to do was find their spots, letting the ball do the rest.

it worked for him obviously, he pitched a gem.

I wasn't sure if Marcus knew I was there or not, but he must have.

after he struck out Carlos filthy on a 3-2 count, he scanned his eyes all around the Astros dugout.

Carlos accepted his strikeout and headed back towards the dugout, but I could tell him and the rest of the guys seemed a bit irritated with Marcus.

I'm sure none of them were aware of what happened between him, Carlos, and I - but it was more of the attitude Marcus was giving off.

when the catcher, Brian, called time, Marcus threw his arms up in frustration and walked all the way off the mound and towards the batter's box to receive a new ball.

and after every strikeout, every third out, and even between pitches, Marcus always performed some type of movement with his arms and shoulders.

his gestures increased more and more through the innings, and I wasn't sure if he had always done that, but it was pretty annoying.

it was evident when Marwin struck out and glared at Marcus the entire time he walked back into his team's dugout, watching him buff his chest out and slap his glove in victory.

Marcus was just giving off bad vibes, and I knew it was a problem after I saw Marwin get upset - I never seen him like that before.

Noel had even called me to see if I knew anything.

and afterwards, because I am petty, I made sure to throw shade while captioning Instagram photos.

and while I was at it, Carlos and I took a photo on the CN Tower which I made sure to post, knowing Marcus would see it.

either way, Toronto was over with, and Miami came next.

it had become one big party, flooded with tourists who came to see the Homerun Derby and All-Star game.

Carlos, José, George, Lance, Dallas, and Devo were the players representing Houston - all of them excited to participate in their first game, being an all-star.

except for José and Dallas, of course. it was Dallas's second and Jose's fifth, being a starter.

Roberto Osuna was also an All-Star, also playing on the American league team with them.

I was certain no words were exchanged between him and Carlos after the small issue they had, all differences aside.

they even took photos with each other as well, chatting and laughing.

and now that the short All-Star break was over, it was back to business for the second half of the season - a new home stand opening up when the Twins came into town.

I had just got home from running a few errands, returning with something I didn't leave the house with.

while I was out, there was this puppy adoption center that was open that I just had to check out.

there were so many puppies! and me being me, I adopted one.

I came back to an empty house with a dog, dog necessities, and the things I actually went out for.