a little mess

Carlos

the team and I had just finished our six game home stand going 5-1 as we were able to win the series against the Mariners and sweep the A's.

we had an off day the next day, but also a flying day and were scheduled to face off against the rangers in a three game series and then the Minnesota twins afterwards in a four-game series.

I sat staring at reporters, answering what seemed like the same questions over and over.

it was the usual questions about our performance as a team, our hitting, pitching, and health.

Julia Morales was present and asked about my opinion regarding Jezabelle being our temporary trainer and a student at the same time.

one of the reporters, a lady who looked fairly young identified her after I was done answering Julia's question, saying she would make a great aspect to the team.

"oh she was the girl sitting in the dugout with the long brown hair, wasn't she?" the reporter asked. "she's cute,"

I couldn't help but smirk. "yes, that's Jezabelle," I said.

after what seemed like forever, the reporters finally ran out of questions and thanked me for my time before moving on to Preston Tucker whose 3-run home run led to our sweep today.

I packed up my bags and headed out the locker room to try and catch Jezabelle.

I walked passed her office and saw that she was packing up her purse before I slightly knocked on the door.

she looked up and smiled, making her way towards me.

"do you want another walk to your car?" I asked as she locked the office door from the outside.

I've walked her to her car since her first day here.

"for the seventh time in a row? yes, I'm gonna have to start paying you Carlos," she giggled.

"how about tomorrow?" I asked, as we walked out to the parking lot. "do you have any plans?"

"I don't have any plans, yet.." she trailed off. "my professors know that I have this internship so I've been offered time off from school since I have this new job,"

"well," I started. "I wanted to know if maybe you would like to go out, get something to eat maybe?" I said, taking a deep breath.

"like a date?" Jezabelle chuckled.

"is that what they're are called?" I said sarcastically as we both started to laugh. "yes, like a date. or two people just sitting together, enjoying each other's company,"

"it's a date then," she winked.

her answer made me feel good. it made me feel as if she wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see her.

"how about a brunch? I could pick you up," I asked. "around twelve? I know this great spot,"

"it sounds perfect," she agreed. "I'll text you my address."

I watched as she got into her car and closed her door behind her before telling her goodnight.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I was really looking forward to our date.

I hadn't been on a date in awhile but I could tell that being with this girl could mess up my whole life, but a little mess never hurt anybody.

Jezabelle

I stood in my mirror watching my reflection while I waited for Carlos's text saying he was here to pick me up.