Ian Desmond

we had arrived to Arlington when night hit and checked into a fancy hotel where I was ready to pass out.

the flight had been a short one, but I got to learn more personal things about the other players in the quick amount of time.

some of them even asked what my life was like and it felt good to connect with them even though I wouldn't be with them for a long time.

their game against the rangers was scheduled for seven at night, but we had all left to Globe Life Park at around one so they were able to set up and practice plays.

I became familiar with the rivalry between the two teams and devoted myself to my Houston home team.

the stadium park was empty while the two teams were warming up as I sat in our 'away' team dugout, watching them.

both the Astros and Rangers interacted with each other in a friendly way, but it was only a few players.

after the fielding practice was done, the batting cage was set up and I made my way out to get a better look at how the bats were swung.

all of the Astros were on the field while some of the Rangers stood by their dugout, and I saw one of the players just standing with his arms crossed.

this man was a good looking one and he was about the same height as Carlos, with the same skin tone and facial hair.

he looked a bit older than Carlos, but Carlos didn't even look twenty-two - the age he told me he was on the flight.

I didn't want to be one of those 'girls', even though this man looked like he was married, so I turned back to watch my team take batting practice.

I had watched Alex, Colby, Yuli, and Marwin hit when someone came to my side, starting a conversation.

"hey there," the guy said as I looked up to him, the same good looking Ranger player.

"hello," I grinned, confused as to why he was speaking to me.

"you must be that new trainer everyone is talking about," he said.

"I am a new trainer, but who is everyone?" I asked him, almost coming off in a rude tone. "oh wow, I didn't mean to sound so bitter," I summoned up.

"haha, its fine," he said raising his hands up. "I could understand why you would sound like that, there are people talking about you that you probably don't know,"

"who are those people and what do they say?" I asked as I turned away from watching Jason take his batting practice.

he smirked at me and started playing with his hat on his head.

"many teams were talking about how the Astros had a hot new trainer," he said with a sound of embarrassment and nervousness in his voice. "a lot of players did,"

I stood frozen in front of him, immediately wondering how so many people knew who I was and which players had something to say about me.

most people would take it as a compliment but to be honest, it kind of scared me.

"were you one of them?" I asked him as he made a face of shock since I took him off guard.

"gosh no," he defended himself. "I mean, you're hot.." he started to say but then shut his eyes, humiliated with himself which turned his face red.

"I'm so sorry," he said, his voice sorrow. "its just that everyone was talking about the new trainer and I wanted to get a look for myself,"

I just nodded my head to him. "I'm not quite sure how to feel about this, but thank you for letting me know that I was a hot topic around the big leagues,"