the first day and 11:11

Minute Maid Park was nothing more than about a twenty minute drive from my apartment complex that I was able to learn when my internship assigned me to work as a student trainer for the Houston Astros to learn the ropes of becoming an actual athletic trainer.

I was a first-timer at the park and took time to get a good look from the outside before I made my way into a assigned special parking area.

my professor had given me the directions of the in's and out's of the park, as long with the directions of how to enter inside and where to report to.

I killed my engine and locked my car as I made my way inside the building through the double doors, trying not to get nervous sweat on my body mixed with the scorching Houston heat.

dressing in an Astros shirt seemed reasonable since I was now working with them even though I had no knowledge of baseball or any of the players.

in the inside, the walls were painted orange, navy blue, and white with posters of other Houston players I assumed were in the Hall of Fame.

I read from the paperwork I was given and quickly found the room of the man I was to report to, Jeff Luhnow.

when I saw his name printed on a plaque on the outside of a room, I knocked without realization and didn't stop myself in enough time from what looked like a meeting that was happening inside.

all sets of eyes turned to look in my direction as I tried my best to muster up a smile, waving awkwardly and forgiving.

"are you here for the shooting star dancing tryouts? because if so, you're hired," an older man asked as I stood silent in a straight posture before laughing at his gesture.

"I've never been a professional dancer," I giggled as the other men in the room laughed along. "I'm actually here for an internship. I was assigned to work as a student trainer," I finally said.

"oh, you must be...," the man asked as he started flipping papers around in his hand, making a sound with his mouth. "are you Jez-a-belle Fuentes?" he asked, pronouncing my name with caution.

"yes, I am Jezabelle," I confirmed.

"well it's great you're here early, you just made yourself some time for introductions. but, you look very young. exactly how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?" he asked making his way towards me.

"twenty-one," I answered casually, watching his eyes, along with other men's eyes to flare up in confusion.

"there is no way," one man asked as the rest of the men nodded their heads in agreement.

"you can see my ID or driver's license," I said while digging into my purse.

"you're legit then," he laughed in a friendly tone. "welcome to the team,"

I thanked him and turned my attention back to the first man who introduced himself as Jeff Luhnow, the general manager for the Astros.

his phone then rang and he excused himself as he exited his office when another older man approached me.

"it's nice meeting you Jezabelle Fuentes. my name is AJ Hinch, the baseball manger. you'll be spending more time with me instead of Jeff," he explained as we shook hands.

"here are three of the players you'll be having responsibility for," he joked as I moved towards them.

"hey, I'm Dallas Keuchel," one of them said with a long beard that I figures was part of his ego or something as I shook his hand. "I'm one of the starting pitchers,"

"Jason Castro, one of the catchers." the next one said, the same one who questioned my age.

"and I'm Collin McHugh, another starting pitcher," the last player said as I delivered my last handshake.