Marcus Stroman

"how does Toronto look so far?" Carlos asked
me as I stood looking out our hotel balcony, being a first-timer in Canada.

I took a minute to respond because I was still admiring the view. the air wasn't as hot as it was back home, and the breeze was very welcoming.

we were now in Toronto after the team made a quick stop in Atlanta and it was now four games here before the All-Star break, where Carlos and I would be back in Miami.

"it's pretty," I stared at the view. "I wanna take a walk around city, see what its all about, you know?"

Carlos was setting our suitcases on the bed. "I'll try and make time to see if we can go. we'll probably be able to,"

I only nodded and stepped into the room, closing the balcony doors. laying out on the bed, I watched Carlos as he unpacked a few of his practice clothes and then his uniforms.

there was a favor I wanted to ask if he could do for me, but I didn't want to push him too far because I felt as if it would be asking too much.

but then I remembered all the others things he has done for me, all the surprises he sets up, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I asked politely.

"uh, do you have a moment to talk?" I chewed my bottom lip, waiting for him to answer.

he looked up at me from unpacking his clothes. "I'm here,"

I chuckled nervously before I spoke up. "well, do you remember when you met my Mom and everything, and she told me that she basically wasn't going to be giving me anymore money?"

he nodded, encouraging me to go on.

"well I'm kind of behind on my car payment this month, and I was wondering if you could do me the favor of helping out with it?" I asked.

"of course," Carlos shrugged casually, as if my situation was not a big deal. "you didn't even have to ask me, Jezabella. you could've just taken my credit card," he resumed unpacking.

relief washed over me. "no, no," I chuckled. "but thank you so much, handsome,"

"it's no problem, and because your Mom did say that, first thing we're going to do once we get back home is go to the bank," he instructed, unfolding his clothes. "I'm going to get you set up on my account, and get you a new bank card so you have access to our money,"

I was startled, and almost frowned a little. "you don't have to do that," I shook my head.

"yes, I do," Carlos corrected. "I told your Mom that I wanted you to be my responsibility, right? I'm giving myself the job of taking care of you, so please don't try to fight me on it," he moved his clothes from the bed and laid next to me.

I wanted to refute the decisions he was making but I knew it would be no use. because even if I did try, he would still find a way to ignore my objections and get me a new bank card anyway.

sighing, I turned my body on the side to face him. "I don't know what I would be doing if I hadn't met you," I confessed.

Carlos stared at me for a moment and as his response, he pulled my face into his and pressed his lips onto mine. I didn't hesitate to kiss back and in one quick motion, he placed my body on his.

we made out for a few minutes until there was abrupt knocking on our door. groaning, Carlos kissed me one last time before getting up to answer.

"hey!" José stood on the other side. "we gotta get over to the stadium, team meeting before practice," he informed Carlos. "hey, Jezy," he waved from the doorframe.