let's play a game

the Rangers series was over and the team and I were now in Minneapolis, Minnesota where the Twins were hosting a four-game series against Houston.

Target Field was a very spacious field and the Minneapolis weather made it a good day for a game of baseball.

Carlos and I were on good terms with each other and he never mentioned the Ian Desmond incident to me.

Ian had apologized to me before we had left Arlington and said he'd hope to see me back at Minute Maid when we would host the Rangers.

Carlos had taken exception to his friendly demeanor and looked for little ways to help me during the trip, but also never forced his presence.

Minneapolis had a carnival fair happening in a field area not far from Target Field and the players had invited us to attend after the night's game.

it had sounded fun, but after a few days of being a trainer, I've learned that these guys just eat and make entertainment with themselves after each game.

I was sat on the dugout bench watching both teams warm up and some of the Twins signing autographs for their young fans.

AJ was on the field speaking with Jason and Evan when Carlos had joined me, sitting beside me in his practice gear as he was leant over tying his shoelaces.

"we missed you this morning at breakfast," he said "everything okay with you?"

I smiled at his concern and nodded. "I'm fine, just a little sleepy,"

"not used to the travel schedule yet?" he smirked as he scooted closer to me.

"it's a different experience for me, I have earned so much respect for professional athletes in this little bit of time," I said before I turned my head to yawn.

Carlos giggled and sat the both of us back.

he placed his arm over my shoulder and I went along with his movements, tilting my head onto his shoulder as he let out a yawn as well.

"you actually look a little down, are you sure you're alright?" Carlos asked me as he grabbed onto my hand, rubbing the top with his thumb.

his concerns made me feel good, almost wanted by him.

I liked the fact that he was caring for others and it made me like having him around.

I could tell that he was a real genuine person and it made me feel that he was definitely worth my time.

"I'm feeling good now," I answered as I looked up at him which caused him to give me a small smile. "I'm tired, but it'll pass, and I'm a little hungry but I can hold,"

I gripped tightly onto him as I stretched my legs out, not wanting to slip off the wooden seat and felt the breezy, cold wind go straight through my leggings I was wearing and my mesh roshes.

the wind caused goosebumps on my arms which Carlos noticed, rubbing his bare hands across them.

"let me go get something for you," he said as he gently slid himself from under me. "it'll be quick,"

he walked down the stairs into the tunnel and I wanted nothing more but for him to come back and sit the same way were.

I got up from the bench to take a peek at the players, hoping they were all feeling good to play.

they seemed to be a healthy team but then I remembered how Jake said they would promise to stay healthy to make my job easier.

"here, this is for you," Carlos said as he came back holding a Astros hoodie team sweater. "the wind is cold here and we're gonna be out here for a while,"