do you love him?

"Jezabella!" Carlos shouted for me.

I walked into the kitchen where I found Carlos standing against the counter, eating on a piece of bread. he was also paying attention to videos playing on his ipad.

"I'm here," I said, walking up to him. Carlos held his bread to my mouth and I bit a piece off of it.

"did you eat?" Carlos asked and looked at the time that read 10am.

I finished chewing and swallowing. "I was gonna grab donuts,"

"oh," he said. "are we going somewhere?"

he paused his video and put his full attention on me.

"well, I need to get these nails done," I said, showing him my fingers. "and change the color of these toe nails," lifting up my leg to show him my foot.

Carlos held onto my fingers and stared at my toes, examining them.

"is that all?" he asked.

I puckered my lips out. "my eyebrows need Jesus," I said, rubbing my index fingers across them.

Carlos nodded and finished his bread.

"alright then. you go ahead and I'll find something to do here," he said.

Carlos reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. he took out a bill and slid it to me, turning away from me to pour himself some juice. I picked it up and held the $100 bill in both hands.

"what is this for?" I asked him.

"for you," Carlos said without looking back. "to pay,"

I chuckled. "I can pay for my own nails Carlos,"

"I know you can," he said turning back. "but I can pay for it too,"

"here, take it back," I said, handing the bill back to him.

Carlos shook his head. "no, that will cover your donuts, your fingers, toes, and eyebrows," he pointed to the bill in my hand.

I stood still in front of Carlos who stared at me with no emotion but it almost looked like he was going to get his feelings hurt if I didn't take the bill.

but it's the perks of having a boyfriend I guess.

"I want to pay for it," he said. "and I'll see you when you get back," he walked closer to me and kissed my forehead.

"you make me happy," I winked and shoved the bill in my wallet.

"I want you to be,"

Carlos blew me a kiss and walked outside to the backyard.

I left out and drove into the city to the donut shop that was next to the nail salon I always went to.

I got my bag of donut holes and ran into my friend, Milo who was on his way inside.

"Jezy!" Milo screamed, engulfing me into his arms. "oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever! I haven't seen you since me, you, and Lane went to see Lorenzo," he rambled.

I couldn't speak. I just hugged him back tightly.

I had forgotten about Milo and Lane since I met Carlos and it made me feel like the worst friend ever.

It had been almost five months since I had spoken to them.

"Miloooo, I missed you," I finally said. "I'm so sorry for not calling you or Lane. I'm a horrible person, I know. but you never called me either!"