45

You guys better be freaking grateful bc it's my birthday and I still updated 😂😂

Jack POV

I held her hand as the ambulance drove down the road to the hospital. I held her hand and talked to her but I really didn't know how to comfort her. I knew she was in pain and I couldn't do anything about that.

We arrived and they took her away without even telling me where they were going.
I looked around for almost an hour before I found Jonah and he led me to Mrs Black. She looked like she was nervous wreck. She had no idea what was happening and they wouldn't tell her anything. She had been going up to the front desk begging for them to tell her something. She was sitting in a chair crying because all they told her was that she was in surgery. They finally came out and we all went running up to the doctor.

He walked out and suddenly there were gunshots. Everybody dropped to the ground as fast as they could. Nobody knew what was happening. I immediately ran over to Grayson's mom and held her to my chest. I wasn't going to let anything happen to the one person Grayson loved. There was another gunshot and we ducked behind the desk. She was crying and there was screaming coming from everywhere. I swear I heard Grayson's shriek. I had to get to her. Zach crawled over and I knew I shouldn't get up but I did anyway. I crawled out from behind the desk and looked around before standing up. I had no idea where the shooter was but I had to get to Grayson. I wasn't going to leave her alone while this was happening.

I didn't see anybody and I took off running. I heard a yell behind me and the sound of a gun going off. A bullet had grazed my arm but I could still hear Grayson's screams. It slowed me down but I put my arm over my it and kept running. I was sure I was getting closer to her hospital room.

I heard her scream again and a gun went off. "No please please don't" she cried and a gun went off again. I heard something fall to the floor and she wasn't screaming anymore. I rushed into the room and saw a man with a gun. There she was, on the floor clutching her chest.Not only did she have a cast on her leg up to her knee, but she also now had a bullet wound on her chest.

"GRAYSON" I yelled and I didn't even care if I got shot again. I just needed to protect her. I ran up to her and there was another gun shot. I spun my head around to the the shooter laying on the ground. Behind him standing was a police officer.

Doctors came rushing in and took her immediately. "She needs surgery, bad" one said before they left. Another Doctor came up to me and told me they needed to dress my wound. I said okay and I asked if she knew anything about my friends and Grayson's mom. She said she had just come from the waiting room and they were completely fine. I felt a little relief but the worry came rushing back as soon as I thought about Grayson again.

They fixed my arm and I went back out to the waiting room with everybody else. There were tons of victims being treated right now. I couldn't believe something like this had happened. I never would've imagined something like that happening. An hour later the doctor came out again and walked up to us.

He had his head down and he asked to speak to her mom alone. She saw the look on my face and told me I could stay. The guys all stayed with me and he put his hand on her shoulder. "She's gone" he said and suddenly the room was spinning. No. She wasn't gone. She couldn't be. I knew she was stronger than that.