And there is more to you than me

Chapter 22 

Chapter 22 

Way Down We Go by Kaleo

                It’s the first time I’ve seen daylight in a long time when we hit the water off the coast. I can’t help but let the sun soak into my skin, staring up and swaying around in the soft light. Even in the beginning in Neverland, the light was a distorted green that swallowed and consumed everything. Here, it is a pure white.

                “Listen!” Alison laughs, turning out to face the sea.

                I do listen. I listen to the sound of a sweet bird cawing, and the soft waves rocking the ship, and the last bits of chatter between everyone. Past all that, I can hear people cheering.

                Quickly moving to the side of the boat, as the rest of the people on ship do, I can see someone on the dock yelling and cheering for us. Soon another person runs up, and starts to shout, followed by two men.

                “They’re my brothers!” I hear Wendy’s cry, from far down the port.

                “Where are we?” Devin asks.

                “Someplace safe.” Alex tells him.

                Finally, we are safe. The boat sways slightly as Alex swings an arm around Harry’s shoulders. I’ve never seen him so relaxed and so open.

                “Somewhere with flush toilets,” Harry jokes, and I feel a laugh bubble out my chest.

                “This is Storybrooke.” Emma tells us.

                Regina moves up next to her, staring down the line at all of us. “Of course you’ll be allowed to go home, but you can stay here as long as you like. We’ll get you set up somewhere permanently, but for now you can stay at our little inn.”

                “Are you going to stay?” My head turns around to see the boy, Henry, next to me. For a second I wonder if he is smiling, but he seems more curious and concerned than anything.

                I shrug. “Maybe.”

                I miss my little sister, Brea. There is no part of me that doesn’t desperately want to see her, but I know we will never be the same. I don’t know how long I’ve been gone. Last I knew it was about three months, but as of now it could possibly have been a year.

                Maybe more.

                “You were the girl with Pan.” Henry continues to look at me. “You tried to stop him, didn’t you?”

                I nod at the boy’s odd questions. He is quite the peculiar one. “It’s a long story.”

                “Well, in Storybrooke we will have a forever, which is enough time.”