When We Found

Chapter 7

                I wake up to hear the sound of children crying. From where I sit, I watch as Emma whispers something out to her parents, staring us all down, before she gets up and trails after the voices. I have half a mind to follow her, but I don't want her getting suspicious.

                Instead, I choose to stare at the man named Captain Killian Jones. His last name is the same as mine. His hair is the same as mine. I know he is not my father, and I think he knows it as well. There is something about him though, and I can feel it in my chest.

                "Where did you take him?" I can hear Emma call out from the forest.

                She must be talking with Peter. My ears perk up, but I know I can't go over to them. He didn't tell me his plan in depth, but I know that chances are, tonight there is going to be a fight. I can only hope that Alison is there.

                Mary Margaret and David must have heard Emma's loud voice, because the two stir, getting up. They must not know I can see them, as the quietly grab their weapons and head off into the forest.

                It's another minute before she comes back with a long sheet of parchment, and spreads herself across a stone to look at it. I crawl over closer, to look at the blank paper above her.

                "What is it?" I ask.

                "A map." She tells me. "Pan gave it to me."

                I stiffen at the use of his name. Right. He's the enemy.

                "Do you trust him?" I ask.

                She shrugs. "I don't know."

                Another body gets up, this one belonging to Regina. She must've heard us talking. She moves over, beginning to ask Emma about it, but I tune them both out. My eyes are trained on the dark man, the Captain, as he sits up on another rock, staring them down.

                Regina paces back and forth, and he jumps in.

                "He likes his games."

                Regina bickers back, but all I can do is focus on him. The way he turns his ring around his finger with his left hand. The way he points at the paper, and glares at the angry woman out of the corner of his eye. They continue to bicker, but all I know is that this map is going to lead me to Alison, and Alison holds the truth.

                "He didn't leave a trace that he was even here." David comes in, his voice deep.

                "Any luck with that map?" Mary Margaret joins in, heading forward.

                I wonder where he might be. Obviously he is with this Henry boy, getting him ready for the slaughter. He needs his heart.

                "Magic."

                I only pay attention for the one word. All the others seem to oppose this idea, whatever it is exactly that Regina is proposing. I'm not listening. I mean, I probably should be, after all I am spying on them. However, I don't particularly care. All that matters is that I get to Alison.

                The group seems to disintegrate, as Mary Margaret moves in closer to Emma.

                Great. More waiting.

                Eventually everyone forms a circle around Emma, as she begins to say different facts about herself.

                Now this I actually pay attention to. This is incredibly relevant to me.