Chapter Seventy One: Raindrops

Right or wrong, don't it turn you on?
Can't you see we're wastin' time?yeah

Do you wanna touch? Yeah

Glee - Touch Me There

It was raining in Colorado Springs. Huge heavy droplets poured from the dark thunderous sky as the lightning flashed across the street. The storm had rolled in suddenly and without any warning at all. Cass was already soaked through by the time she'd made it back to their apartment. It was their eleventh day back on Earth and she had been exploring their new area whilst John was at a scheduled appointment in the SGC. She had offered to go with him but he had declined. He wanted to do this for himself and Cass had conceded because she knew she would drive him crazy with hovering.

Water was dripping off of Cass when she let herself into their shared apartment. John was already standing there in his chocolate brown leather jacket, cell phone clasped in his hand just as hers started to ring. He snapped his own shut leading Cass's Bon Jovi ringtone to stop abruptly.

"I was about to come get you." he told her, indicating to the rental car keys on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Well I appreciate the gesture." Cass said as she stripped off her light jacket and hung it up on the coat rack.

John found his attention slipping to his wife's sensual form as she turned back to face him. Her loose dark hair was wet and tousled falling around her delicate, porcelain features. The sea blue vest top she was wearing clung to her modest curves like a second skin from the moisture as did her figure hugging denim jeans.

His wife was still as stunning as ever even though she had been caught in the rain. She was glowing with the same contentment that he felt brimming in his chest at the sight of her. Something seemed to have settled inside of him. He didn't feel so hopeless any more, he felt lighter, more energetic and confident. He could feel himself mending inside, all the threads of his consciousness rehabilitating themselves with every passing day. A droplet of water trailed down the curve of her throat and John found himself fascinated by it as he imagined himself licking it off her silky soft skin. It had been an age since he had loved his wife, since he'd thrust into her adoring flesh and whispered sweet words of endearment into her ear.

"You look so beautiful like this." he found himself saying, his fingertips brushing away the damp hair away from her face and back behind her ear.

Cass's sapphire gaze lowered to his lips as her small hands slipped inside of his jacket, gripping his black T-shirt and pulling him taunt against her slender form. Her back pressed against the door as John cradled her face in his hands so he could stare into her bright eyes. His whole world existed in his hands right now and he could see the notion reflected inside of Cass as her lips quirked into that knowing smile.

His lips brushed against hers tentatively as his thumb trailed along the line of her jaw. She tasted intoxicating as John's tongue parted her velvet soft lips. Cass was already pushing the jacket from his shoulders until it lay crumpled on the floor. He could feel the press of her wet clothing against his T-shirt as she drew him even closer until their hips were touching.

Cass moaned into his mouth as his lower body slotted perfectly against hers, he was always the most perfect fit. The only thing between them was the thin layer of material they were both clad in and John thought just having that brief distance was simply unbearable.

It had only been a matter of weeks but Cass still craved him like never before. His molten hot fingertips were gliding down the cool skin of her bare arms igniting her senses with anticipation. His mouth left hers before his lips fastened on that tiny sweet spot just under the curve of her jaw. It drove her wild when his teeth grazed that sensitive place, her breathing hitched in ecstasy as her head tipped back exposing her throat.