Hanahaki Byou (Belarus x Reader)

You couldn't breathe. You just stood there, frozen in the middle of the day as your friends looked at you in panic. Your eyes were glued to the girl right across the street. A ticklish sensation was felt from your throat.

Her eyes were glued to her phone. Eyelids lowered to the screen. Earphones connected to her ears that separated her from reality. Her platinum blonde hair shone brightly by the sun with the silky navy blue ribbon over her hair.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. The green pedestrian light started to blink to red. People nearby stopped. Your friends' books, papers, and coffee slipped from their hands. Other pedestrians slowly turned to you as you lurched forward. Your mouth opened, but not only did you let out a cough. Flower petals began to come out from your mouth. The ticklish sensation you felt were petals inside of you.

White rose petals flew out followed by smaller petals of daisies.

"(Y/n)!" Time went back to its normal state was you were caught by someone's arm.

You couldn't stop coughing. Minutes later of coughing, different colors of petals started to come out as well. You wrappes your hands around your throat as you coughed out more petals.

You knew what was happening to you. You knew why and how. As cliché as it sounds like, this was something major and frightening.

The Hanahaki Disease.

An illness born from a one-sided love.

You've fallen for the girl across the street.

Your mind swirled as your heart raced. You never thought that this would ever happen to you. You were called someone monotonous, someone who was very conservative. You never thought that you'd fall in love with someone that easily.... with just a simple look.

The last thing you saw was the blurry street and the girl who still had her eyes glued to her phone.

Then darkenss.

●●●●●●●●

The first thing you saw when you woke up was the glow-in-the-dark solar system you stuck on the dark blue ceiling of your room. The taste of bitterness was still in your mouth, and it was so dry. You got up slowly as the petals on your chest fell onto your lap.

"Thank god you're awake." You looked up to see a silhoutte by the hallway. You rubbed your eyes as the figure turned your lights on and entered the room.

"Kiku?" Your roommate as he sat on the edge of your bed.

Kiku lookes at you worriedly with his dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Y-You..." He sighed and held your cold hands. "You have it, don't you?"

You nodded. As hard as it was to believe, he wouldn't accept it. He knew the disease too well. He knew the stories and he knew the price.

"You know what you're supposed to do right?"

"Kiku-"

"(Y/n), please." He begged and rubbed his thumbs on the palms of your hands. "As your friend, I don't want you to go through this. Please go through the surgery."

The sorrow in his eyes was well-known to you. He has lost someone to this before and he doesn't want to lose anyone else to his stupid thing called love at first sight. It was too painful for him to watch. It felt like a bullet in the heart when he found out that his sister Mei had it. You knew thosw days were dark to him. You've seen him suffer, but that feeling in you made you think twice.