Film (Turkey x Reader)[Part 1]

1998

"Hey Sadik, look at me!" You called out to your friend as the video camera filmed everything in front of you.

"Hello world and welcome to (Y/n)'s wonderful movie!" Sadik greeted throwing his arms in the air.

You were six while he was eleven. You met each other at a playground when he just moved from Istanbul to Toronto.

It's been a year since the start of your friendship and you recently got into movies. Your father got you a video camera and a couple of video aids for your birthday.

You made your camera face you as you gave a toothy smile.

"Hi! I'm (Y/n) from Toronto, Canada and I'm gonna make a lot of movies with my friend!" You both laughed and ran into the playground.

"(Y/n)! Watch me!"

Present Day...

"(Y/n)!" You rolled your eyes as you took a sip of your drink. "Watch me!"

"You're an idiot, how can I watch whatever you're doing properly when my connection is bad as North Korea's?" You rose your eyebrow at your iPad where you and Sadik were Facetiming each other.

"Iyi Üzgünüm, I just moved into my new house and I wanted to show you that I'm going to make some shawarma for you." He remarked.

(Translation: Well I'm sorry.)

"How am I going to eat it anyways when you're a million miles from Canada?"

"I'll eat it in front of you." You gave him a look of hurt and disbelief.

"How dare you!" The Turkish man gave out a heart laugh.

Then the call finally gave a clear view if your best friend cooking in his small kitchen.

"Thanks Mattie!" You yelled while looking up at the ceiling.

A muffled "your welcome" was heard as you looked back at your iPad while eating your instant curry rice.

"I see you!" You yelled at the iPad as Sadik gave you a glance and chuckled.

"Finally! Now I can torture you!"

"Face the furry of my instant curry!" You showed the curry as the Turkish man laughed.

"Anyways, you better sleep sevgilim."

"Sleep is for the weak." You groaned in annoyance. "That's how I'm surviving my course, I rarely sleep nowadays."

"No wonder you have eye bags."

"Hey, at least I'm giving effort unlike my first year." You crossed your arms.

"Look on the bright side, you're not failing and you're flying." Sadik turned off his stove. "Now get to sleep, it's three in the morning there and nine in the morning here."

"Alright dad." You rolled your eyes and yawned. "Good night November."

"That's really offensive (Y/n)."

"Hahaha, sweet dreams." You smiled as the call ended.

You finished your curry rice and threw the cup into the trash bin. You flopped on your bed and tried to sleep. Sadly you had some schedule of insomnia. This somewhat affected you in many ways. This struck you during your first year and that made you repeat your first year in college. Soon you actually took advantage of your insomnia and used it to stay up late to study or to chill and Netflix.