Chapter 23

Two weeks later Dom was called to pick up Summer. She was ready to go home.

"Xanthe, I am heading off to pick Summer up and take her home. You sure you won't come?" he asked.

"No thanks Dom. I feel like a whale right now." She laughed.

"Yes but you are a beautiful whale!" he teased. He gave her a kiss and headed out the door.

Xanthe decided to have a soak in the bath while Dom was out. It might be the last chance at a long soak before Lilli-Rose would be born.

Dom arrived at the hospital and Summer was waiting for him. She looked happy Dom thought as he pulled up.

"Hi Dad" Summer said.

"Hello Summer, ready to go?" he asked.

"Definitely Dad!" she smiled.

They got to Summer's place and were taking her things inside when Dom's phone rang.

"Shit it's Xanthe, I have to answer Summer"

"It's OK Dad" Summer said.

"Hello Xanthe what's wrong?" he asked. "Right now!?" he yelled. "be right there!" he said hanging up.

"I have to go Summer. The baby is coming!"

"Just go Dad! And call me." Summer said.

He arrived home in record time and rushed Xanthe to the hospital. They were heading to the desk to check her in when Xanthe screamed

"Dom, I think she is coming now!"

The nurse got her a wheelchair and the Doctor met them on the way to delivery. They only just made it. It seems that Lilli-Rose was in a hurry to meet her parents. Xanthe was pleased it was a quick labour! She didn't know how women made it through days of it!

As she cradled Lilli-Rose, Dom looked at awe with his two beautiful girls. He took a small box from his pocket and went to Xanthe's side.

"Xanthe, you know I love you. You mean the world to me. Will you Marry Me?"

"Say what!?" Xanthe said shocked.

"Marry Me?" he repeated.

"Do you really mean it?" she asked.

"Of course I mean it" he smiled.

"Then YES! I will marry you." She finally replied.

Dom put the ring on Xanthe's finger. He then went to call Summer and tell her. Summer was so happy that she had a new baby sister. She was also happy that Xanthe had agreed to marry her Dad.

"Xanthe, can you ask Summer to be your bridesmaid?" Dom said.

"I guess I can Dom. Will she want to?" she asked.

"I think she will" he replied.

Three days later Xanthe and Lilli-Rose were at home. Summer came to visit. Xanthe was pleased to see how well Summer was doing. She watched as Summer gently cradled Lilli-Rose as she handed her back to Dom.

"Summer" Xanthe said. "Will you be my bridesmaid?"

"Really Xanthe?" she asked.

"Really" Xanthe replied.

Xanthe and Summer hugged as Dom watched on with Lilli-Rose. He was so lucky to have his three beautiful girls in his life. No more secrets or lies, just lots of love.