Chapter 20

Dominic had not heard from Xanthe in over a month. He had burnt all the photos Summer had shown him. he had been to visit Summer everyday. She was getting the help that she needed. She was slowly improving. At least he felt he had done something right. What was he going to do about Xanthe? He wanted to see her. He decided to text her again.

"Can I come and see you my love?"

There was no answer. Xanthe had spent the month at home crying. She loved Dom and Summer so much. She rubbed her growing bump tenderly. She was taking holidays from work now, in case Dom or Summer went there to look for her. She still could not believe that Summer still had all those photos. What must Dom think of her now? She regretted Summer ever taking those photos. She did not know if she was ready to see Dom. She ignored his texts, even though she missed him terribly. Her phone buzzed again.

"Please Xanthe my love. I miss you" he said.

It took all her willpower to ignore his pleas. She hoped he would forgive her. She hoped he had sorted things out with Summer. her phone rang. She let it go to voicemail. He left her a message.

"Xanthe, I love you. I need you. Summer is in the hospital. Can I please come and see you?" his voice was soft and sad. As she listened to his message she cried. She loved him too. She wondered why Summer was in hospital, but as much as she wanted to see him and find out, she ignored him. She needed to settle herself and make sure she was healthy. She had the baby to think about now. She needed more time. 

 Another month passed slowly by. She was having another ultrasound in the morning. It would be the second one Dominic had missed. Xanthe felt torn about her lack of contact with him. She remembered how happy Dominic was at their very first ultrasound. She still needed time for herself. It was taking all her willpower not to give in to his text messages and voice mails. She was surprised, but happy, he was still trying. Especially after the photos.

Xanthe remembered each and every one of the men in those photos. The teachers that offered good grades to fulfill their sexual fantasies. Their maths teacher wanted sex on his desk, the English teacher loved the idea of having sex with a student and the science teacher slapped her ass while he had sex with her. The others were all older students. They gave them money, and if they tried to refuse her and Summer threatened to go to the principal or their parents. She had no emotion during this time. She had shut off her emotions when her parents left her. Of course now that she had found a man who truly loved her she regretted it. But what's done is done.

She shook her head free of those thoughts and rubbed her tummy. She was five months now. She had decided to try to find out the gender of the baby tomorrow. Then she would decide a name.

"I'm sorry my little one" she spoke softly to her bump as she rubbed it gently. "I will see you tomorrow"

Xanthe climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep. She dreamed about her weekend with Dom five months ago. God she missed him.