Chapter 18

There had been no word from Summer since she left. It had been a couple of weeks and they were due to have their ultrasound.

"Oh my beautiful pregnant Xanthe. She will come around. She has to get used to it because the baby will come whether she likes it or not." Dom said.

"She was so angry at me.She will never let me back in Dom."

"Xanthe I know this seems sudden, but will you move in with me?"

"Are you serious Dom? Can I please take some time to think about it?" she said. "I love you so much. But I need time to think." she continued.

"Sure you can my love. No pressure. I was hoping you would like to move in before the baby is born"Dom said.

They made their way to their first ultrasound. Dominic held Xanthe's hand as they squeezed the gel onto her stomach. they waited for the picture to come up. Soon they were looking  at a perfectly clear picture of their baby.Soon they were also listening to the heartbeat. Dom kissed her softly and smiled. They took home some pictures. They were so happy.

They still had not heard from Summer. Dom had been emailing her, but she did not reply. He sent her a picture from the ultrasound hoping she would respond. There was no reply.

"What are we going to do Dom?"Xanthe asked.

"We just have to wait" he replied "let's run a bath and take a long soak together" he offered.

"That sounds wonderful Dom" she replied.

They got into the bath and relaxed into the hot soapy water. they sat comfortably in each others arms. It was so relaxing. The stress of the last few weeks was slowly soaking away.They got out of the water as it started to cool down.

Xanthe headed to the kitchen. As she walked through the door she was surprised to  see Summer. She held her finger up to shush Xanthe. Although it made her feel uneasy she stood quietly.

"I really don't like you anymore Xanthe. You are trying to take my Dad away. Just because your Dad didn't want you, you decided to take mine." Summer whispered.

"I don't want to take him away from you Summer" Xanthe replied softly.

"Remember how many guys you slept with Xanthe, including teachers? Remember how we took photos to get things we wanted? I thought you were a whore then, but it served my purpose as well as yours. But I never had to screw anyone. You were happy to spread your legs to both our advantage. Does my Dad know about all that Xanthe?" she said calmly.

"I made mistakes Summer" Xanthe said

"I know what you did Xanthe, I was there. How long did it take before you spread your legs for my Dad? I bet you didn't even get past the first date" Summer said coldly.

"please Summer that is my past. I am not proud of it." Xanthe reasoned.

"Not for long Xanthe. I still have the photos and my Dad is about to see you in all your former glory." she said as she spread the photos on the table. "

How could you have become so sloppy? I mean all the men you have been with and you get pregnant to my Dad." Summer asked

"What can I do to make things better Summer?" Xanthe asked.

"Get out of my home and stay away from my father" she said raising her voice.

They heard a noise and looked towards the door. It was Dominic. How much had he actually heard? Was everything ruined now? Xanthe wondered as she ran past Dominic and out the front door. Dominic did not know what to do. He had to deal with Summer. Things were way out of control. He hoped Xanthe would be OK. He  had to work out what to do about Summer right now.