Chapter 11

The day passed slowly after Summer left. Xanthe spent the afternoon painting and thinking. She almost felt guilty for feeling so happy. She worried how Summer would react when she found out that her best friend was actually her Dad's new girlfriend. She was still unsure that the party was the best place to tell her.. She hoped that Summer would forgive her. She was closing up the Gallery when her phone buzzed with a text.

"I love you xx" it was from Dominic.

"I love you too Dom xx" she replied. It was like he knew that she needed reassurance.

"When is your next day off?" he asked.

"Thursday. Why what do you have i mind? she texted curiously.

"I want to take you shopping" was his response.

"Oh?! OK sounds like fun! See you Thursday" she replied.

Xanthe went home exhausted. It had been a very busy weekend. It had also been a very long day at work. Xanthe had a lovely hot shower and then climbed into bed. She fell asleep thinking about her shopping trip with Dom on Thursday.

The buzzing of the alarm woke her. She was enjoying that sleep. She was making herself some coffee when there was a knock at the door. Xanthe wondered who it could be. She had not made plans with anyone. She opened the door to a delivery man with a small bouquet of balloons. There were six small red hearts and one white heart with "I Love You" written on it. Xanthe smiled as she took it from the delivery man. She read the card that was attached.

"I love you Always xx D."

He knew how to make her day. Xanthe went to the Gallery and opened up. She was looking forward to her day off tomorrow. She was looking forward to seeing Dom too. She wondered what they were shopping for. She guessed she would have to wait until tomorrow to find out. It would be there first public outing together. It was both exciting and scary.