Chapter 12

Xanthe met Dom at the front of the Hotel. He hugged her tight, she loved his hugs. Then he kissed her and took hold of her hand. She smiled and gave his hand a squeeze.

"So what are we shopping for Dom?" she asked.

"Well I thought I would spoil you with a dress for Summer's party. She is having a formal dress code and I wanted to buy you something special." he smiled.

"I am so  nervous about this party. It is coming up very fast" she replied.

"It will be fine my love. Don't worry." he reassured her.

They headed into a small boutique. They had lovely dresses on display. Summer had decided that her 21st Birthday Party would be a formal party. It was what she requested and Dominic was more than happy to oblige his daughter.He was a great Dad and he loved his daughter. Xanthe started trying on dresses. Nothing really stood out. The sales woman went to a rack at the back of the store. She grabbed a dress and called Xanthe to try it on.

Xanthe thought the sales woman had great taste. The gown was long and figure hugging. It had a low back and beaded around the neckline. It felt so soft on her skin. She could hardly believe she was looking at herself. She had never felt beautiful and wanted like this before. She didn't want to think about the past. Not now. She stepped out of the change room to see what Dom thought. He looked at her as she stepped out of the change room. His eyes widened and his jaw almost hit the floor.

"You look absolutely stunning! You take my breath away Xanthe" he exclaimed.

"I agree" said the sales lady.

"This is definitely the dress for you my love" he said.

Xanthe hoped it was not too much. At least when she went shopping with Summer she could make sure the dresses were different. Summer had asked her to go dress shopping with her on Saturday. She was looking forward to spending some time with her best friend. She wasn't sure what would happen after the party. Would Summer still even want to be friends with her once she found out about her and Dom.  Would she hate her for lying to her? Soon she would know.