Savior

(Qing's POV)

Dayu stayed asleep all morning and afternoon. The doctor said it's a way for the body to heal. He advised me to keep the room warm so Dayu can sweat out the last of the poison off his body.

That's why I built a fire in the small fireplace in the cabin.

By nightfall, Dayu started moaning. He slowly opened his eyes, disoriented. His face still pale. His lips cracked.

"C-captain," his voice is broken and croaky from lack of use. He sounded thirsty too.

I spoon some water and put it against his lips. "Try to sip some water to wet you mouth,"

Dayu obeyed. I helped him drink more water, spooning it once, twice, thrice more until he turn his face away.

"C-captain, what happened?"

"What do you remember?" I asked him.

He frowned, "Us, running. Then an arrow..."

I nodded, "Yes, some idiot pushed me away and got shot with a poisoned arrow,"

"Poisoned?"

I nodded again, "Yes, you have been poisoned. But it's all better now. The doctor moved fast and gave you the antidote in time,"

Dayu's face showed relief. "How long was I down?" he asked.

"A whole day now." I answered.

"Where am I?" he asked again.

"Inside my cabin, where else?"

His eyes grew round, "You mean...I, Captain...am I lying in your bed?"

"Yes,"

He paled some more, an incredible feat if you ask me, and tried to get up. "I am sorry...Ah!"

I put hand on his shoulder, the uninjured part, "Idiot! Why are you trying to get up?! Do you want to faint again?!"

He stopped when he heard my angry tone. He looked down, shy, "C-captain, I am sorry for taking you bed,"

"My bed is the least I can give you after you saved my life,"

He's surprised, "I...saved your life?"

"Yes, you can't remember?" Dayu shook his head a little. "You pushed me out of the way of the arrow and got shot instead."

He frowned again, "I did...that?"

I nodded, "Yes you did, you idiot! New rule, you don't do something like this ever again. The arrow that is meant for me should be for me, and not for anybody else, least of all you. Do you understand?" I asked sharply.

He turn scared and nodded. "I'm sorry Captain..."

"Stop apologizing. Just rest up and get well. Then tell me how I can repay you for that stupid stunt you did,"

He shook his head, "No need to repay me Captain. You have done more by helping me..."

"Shut up! You saved my life by taking that arrow. Whether we both like it or not, you saved my life. Everyone outside had been talking about it. Now I have to repay that or I will lose face to everyone..."

Dayu gave me a pitying look. "I'm sorry..."

"I will kill you if you say sorry again,"

He instantly shut up. I gently ruffled his hair. "Get well. Then we can talk about that repayment. Okay?"

Dayu nodded.

I smiled, "Are you hungry?"

He thinks first before nodding. "But how can I eat Captain? I can't even lie on my back,"

"We just have to be innovative to feed you. And I will help you. So stay here and let me get you some food,"

He nodded and I ruffled his hair again. Then I get up from sitting on the edge of the bed to go out and hunt for some food for him.

(Dayu's POV)

Finally! My plans are back on track! I have him in the palm of my hand now.

I wince when I felt a painful twinge on my shoulder. Blasted poisoned arrow! Those stupid imbeciles! I almost died by their stupidity! I will kill each and every one of them, with relish.

I can't wait to get up from this bed and write a message for my alliance. I will threaten every single one of them with painful death for this idiotic stunt they did.

I gave them a simple mission and they dare botched it?!

But killing them can wait. I have a small victory to rejoice. A repayment...

The Captain had no idea how much effort I gave to not demand that "repayment" now. His life...I want his life and his family's life as well as repayment.

But I have to play this card wisely. Besides, I am still the innocent and kind Dayu. I can't just turn assasin in an instant.

No...this card I will keep closely and use at the right time.

For now, I better play the perfect patient until I get better to start the phase two of my plans.