The Original Shadow

(Dayu's POV)

I saw helpers with mask coming. Finally! Luau had gathered the trainees to help me get passed the soldiers so I can get to the general's building.

"Clear the way!" I shouted to the trainees as they join the fight. They are disciplined fighter, they knew what to do.

They surrounded me. Raising their swords to fight soldiers. I swung the sword in my hand as I move forward. Always forward. I have to get to my uncle.

I was about to escape when I saw Captain Wei and Captain Bao's teams coming.

Damn it! More soldiers! This won't do at all.

They are delaying me to get to my target.

(Qing's POV)

Mr.Shu is not as fast Dayu but he has more tricks on his sleeves.

I stopped counting how many steel spikes and small knives he had under his clothes after he threw one and sliced the side of my arm.

He have perfect aim too. I moved fast so that spike won't stick to my neck.

As a defense specialist, my moves will depend on my opponent. Mr.Shu is comfortable fighting me in a distance. With his spikes and knives, one throw and it will be my end.

I have to engage him in combat. I threw my sword and readied my fist. I have to get near him.

I groaned when like Dayu, Mr.Shu flexed his neck and smirk at me, "Hand to hand combat it is," he said before attacking me.

Big mistake on my part. Mr.Shu is half a world apart from Dayu in hand to hand combat. His hands are heavy, sure and accurate as they hit and hit every part of my body he can reach.

This one is not hesitating at all.

I call for my strength. Blocking his hands. Mr.Shu produced a knife and watch for an opening to stab me.

I swipe at his hand with the blade, caught his wrist, tried to break his bone but his other hand produced a knife too. He can use both hands efficiently. He sliced my arm holding his wrist, blood oozed from it. I let him go.

Mr.Shu smiled at me, "I heard you have been looking for me Captain Wang. For "the shadow","

I stopped. He is "The Shadow" too?

I stared at Mr.Shu. Yes, he fits my first assumptions on how the infamous assasin should be like.

A man in his middle age. With training. Who had been around for at least five decades. Strong and fit.

If he is "The Shadow", who is Dayu? Why did Dayu said that he is that assasin?

But wait. "The Shadow" had been killing officials for three years all over China. Mr.Shu had never left this base for more that a day. And those killings hadn't coincide with the date that he will leave.

No. Dayu killed those officials. But Mr.Shu fit "The Shadow" in age.

What is going on?