Lost

(Qing's POV)

I was looking down at the ground from the window on my father's office when the door opened and the two generals come inside.

The Master General and my father.

If I remembered it correctly, they have been friends for three decades now. Trained together and went up on the ranks together. They are like brothers, my father once said.

If you ask me. The Master General is like a bully and my father is his faithful follower. They recruited General Zhi, Chein and Liuwie in their small company of generals who wanted to build military bases around the whole land of China to show off for the Emperor.

But I am a soldier. Respecting my superiors was breed on me. So I never said anything about my opinion on them.

However, keeping my opinion on them is the extent of my respect to General Zong and the other dead generals.

My father, I love him because he was a good soldier. And a good father to me and my sisters. I know, he loves us.

But he is a different person when he is with General Zong. And I personally don't like my father when he is with the Master General.

"Qing," my father look at the Master General like he is asking for support, "Son..."

"He said I should ask you," I interrupted what ever it is he will say to me as his son. "About that raid in the SiChuan border,"

The Master General didn't like what he heard from me. "How many times do we have to tell you that you should stop being curious about that raid, Captain Wang?"

I look at him, "With all due respect Master General, but if an assasin who had managed to kill three generals with thousands of soldiers around him threatened my sisters, I think I have the right to be curious about why that said assasin will target my family. Now, I am telling you Father," I turn to my father, "I will ask questions about that raid until I am blue in the face because I really want to hear some truth for once."

I took a pause and a deep breathe.

"What happened on that raid? And why would an assasin want to kill all of us Wang? Who is that woman in the border?"

My father paled when he heard the last question. I knew it! It all boils down to that woman in the border.

Who is she?! What happened to her?!

"Son," my father sat down on a chair. He looked nervous and trapped. "I don't know..."

"Please don't tell me you don't know anything." I begged him. "That woman, who resembles my lover, who is she?"

General Zong and my father looked at me with shock in their eyes.

"Listening to private conversations of your superiors, Captain Wang?" The Master General looked livid.

I scoffed, "Hardly private if you are talking about her in the open hallway, Master General. Now who is she?"

"Just some woman!" The Master General exclaimed. "It was in a time of war Captain Wang. Raids happened all the time. People died from those raids,"

"But this particular woman is special. Because someone is avenging her." I said. "What happened to her in that raid?"

"I can't remember!" My father said while holding his head.

"Lies!" I shouted. My anger rising. "Stop lying to me! There is an assasin out there that already killed three generals. And he personally told me that he will come after you and the Master General. Then me and my sisters! Stop lying to me!"