An Attack

(Qing's POV)

I was about to ask Jiang to wake Mei up in case we will need to suit up and be ready too when a bell rang.

All of us turn to the direction of the general's building where the warning bell ringing came from.

It's a sound of an attack. An attack on the generals. My father!

We all run.

My first thought was Dayu. Did he reneged on our agreement and decided to finish his mission after all.

No! That would be impossible. Dayu was sincere when we made the promise last night and again this morning when we separated. And besides, I just got here. Unless Dayu followed me to go to the generals, it's impossible that it's Dayu doing the attacking inside the building.

Jiang and I are leading the pack as we run to the building. When we got there, we were stunned for a moment at what we are seeing.

Mr.Shu, the Camp Commander, holding a sharp blade on the Master General's neck. Surrounded by soldiers with their swords in ready.

"Come closer and he will die," Mr. Shu said as he backed himself to a wall while strangling General Zong in his arm and sticking a knife on the Master General's neck.

"Don't come closer! Don't come closer!" General Zong, shouting, demanding everyone to stand still.

That's my cue to look at the scene inside the Master General's office. The guards outside the door are dead. Two coronels are also down with spikes on their head and neck. Three or four aides and soldiers are dead too.

Including Wei's second in command, Tseng.

I almost staggered in shock but I have to search for my father. My eyes found him and I felt some relief  when I saw him on one corner trying to placate Mr.Shu.

"Master Shu," a coronel spoke. "Please let the Master General go,"

Mr.Shu just sneered, then without blinking he bury the knife on General Zong's neck and move it from left to right, necking the Master General.

We were all stunned as blood spurted from the Master General's neck and the sound of him gurgling was nauseating.

Mr.Shu let General Zong, head almost severed from his body, clutching his neck, fall to the ground on his feet.

Dead.

In front of us, the Camp Commander cleaned his knife on the tail of his clothes and look at my father.

"You are next," Mr.Shu said as he put out more spikes to throw at the soldiers between him and my father.

I move. I have to save my father from him.

(Dayu's POV)

Mei just finished securing the bindings on my torso when we heard a bell ringing from the distant.

We both stood up. "What is that?" I asked.

Mei, color draining on his face, "That's an alarm sound. There's an attack happening on the camp!"

I blanched. An attack?! Captain Wang!

We scrambled to get up from the underground room under the kiln.

We were about to get out of Granny's premises when we say Luau, running and waving his hand towards us.

"Luau! What happened?!" Mei meet him on the way. Luau, trying to catch his breath, clutch Mei's arm for support, "M-master Shu...in there...help!"