25 | Condition

The doctor met with Hagami early the next morning. She was able to keep her conscious now for more than three hours at a time but the illness that had taken root hadn't bee eradicated from her system. In fact, Hagami was told that she may never get rid of it completely,

"Hagami-san, I'm very upset to say that this illness that you have is unlike ones we have seen before. It's a strain stemming from a much larger disease but even that one has a cure. It seems this one is more adapted to the human body and 'knows' how to avoid the antibiotics we've been giving you." The doctor reported. "However, we are able to slow its progression down. The medication we've given to you for the past three days have show significant results in halting its progress. You're just going to need to take this." The nurse in the room stepped forward and handing Hagami a bottle of pills. They were just small tablets barely bigger than Hagami's pinky and she sat them beside her on the nightstand. She waited for either of them to continue.

"Please take two of them by mouth once a day. One in the morning, and one at night. This'll halt your illness from spreading further throughout your chest and it may soon build an antibody to combat it in the future." The nurse informed and Hagami gave them a nod.

"Arigato (Thank you)." She said after a pause. "I appreciate your hard work." Hagami drew in a deep breath before letting it go. "Is this by any chance contagious amongst others?"

"No, not at all." The doctor answered. "And if I'm not mistaken, you're going to be released later on today, about three hours from now if Lord Fugaku allows it." She added looking at the clipboard at the end of Hagami's bed.

"That's great news." Hagami said though her tone was rather flat. The nurse and doctor shot each other a look that asked if there was anything else they had to review before they took their leave and ducked out of the room. Once again, the room fell silent. But that didn't mean that there wasn't a sudden shift in the air. Hagami, other than the dulling ache in the center of her chest, was feeling like she was her old self again. She could breath like she used to, see like she used to, and be able to register almost everything down to the smallest detail if she wanted to. But those feelings were blurred every once and a while when she had to go back to sleep to regain her full strength.

Three hours pass quickly, especially if someone's sleeping. Hagami woke to someone shaking her shoulder lightly and she let out a soft groan. Someone snickered in the background which was followed by someone poking her cheek gently. The first person attempted to shake her shoulder again, which finally got her to at least turn over.

"What?" She drawled out groggily. She cracked her eyes open to see four blurry figures so she blinked again hoping she'd be able to see them clearer. The light that filtered into the room didn't help much either but she eventually got to see who was in her room. Itachi and Sasuke were the closest to her face and Mikoto and Fugaku were standing behind them. "What?" She asked again without sounding as groggy.

"You're being released from the hospital today." Fugaku merely stated and Hagami shoved herself up into a sitting position. "Can you walk?" He asked. Hagami shrugged and swung her feet to the side of the bed. Her feet grazed the cold floor making her cringe for a moment but she eventually got used to it like she had with the light. She was somewhat surprised that Fugaku had asked, let alone spoke to her, at all when she woke up. She figured that their little spat would keep them separated for a while but that wasn't the case.

Hagami's legs felt wobbly when she stood up so she bent and straightened them every few seconds so she could get the feeling back. She shook slightly when she took her first step but then slowly retrieved her strength making it over to the door. Sasuke had walked along with her, a smile on his face thinking that he'd be the one to catch her if she fell. However, Hagami made sure she didn't fall just to make sure that Sasuke wouldn't get hurt trying.

"Ah, I can walk." Hagami confirmed when she held the doorframe. Itachi studied her features closely when she stood there. He noted that the color in her face had returned and that most of her chakra was returning too.

"Well, shall we go?" Fugaku suggested and he began walking over to the door. He stopped briefly to stare Hagami in the eye before walking out. Mikoto and Itachi followed in suit with Sasuke running on ahead.

"I'm glad you're back on your feet, Hagami!" Mikoto chirped when she stopped in front of her. Gently, she reached up and brushed Hagami's uneven bangs from her face, they almost mirrored Itachi's though her's were longer. "Please...don't hide such stuff from us. We worry about you now more than ever. We know how you feel about the Coup d'État and we want to be able to help."

"Ah, okay." Hagami said awkwardly and her lips pressed into a thin smile. Mikoto returned it and walked out past her and Itachi.

"I'm going to repeat what Okaasan said, I'm glad you're back on your feet." Itachi said putting a hand on her shoulder. She nodded in response and inched herself along the wall to keep her balance. They didn't speak until the two made it outside. "We have to meet soon. Shisui is probably waiting for the two of us too."

"He's already there?" Hagami asked surprised.

"Ah. I told him to meet us there right before we came here." He answered and called out to Mikoto and Fugaku that they're heading off so Hagami could get some fresh air. The two weren't lying, they just were vaguely going by what they had said. Mikoto was against it for a moment but Fugaku persuaded her to let them go. Hagami had been in the hospital for at least three days. She laid her hand on Itachi's shoulder so the two of them could use Hagami's crows to vanish. They couldn't travel as far but the crows were able to get them to the training ground's entrance. They walked the rest of the way and saw Shisui immediately. He looked to be sitting patiently on one of the three stumps in the Third Training Grounds.

"Hagami-san." Shisui greeted and Hagami nodded back. Itachi walked over to the stump on Shisui's left but Hagami took a seat in front of the two. She didn't want to use any more energy than she had to until she really had to. "Are you...doing alright now?"

"Ah. I'm doing better." Hagami assured. "I just have to take medication now to make sure that it doesn't get out of hand, you know? How have you two been without me here?" She asked as amusement leaked into her tone.

"We think we've come up with a strategy against the Coup d'État." Shisui answered. "And Itachi's not part of it. I want him and you to stay out of it as much as possible."

"What?" Hagami asked surprised.

"I don't want the two of you to be involved in this plan." Shisui answered. "I plan on using Kotoamatsukami on the entire Uchiha Clan and manipulate the others into thinking that the Clan isn't against the Village. It'll prevent the Coup d'État for now, and I believe that it'll remain that way for as long as the Village and Clan change for each other."

"The Kotoamatsukami, an impressive Genjutsu that only you wield at the moment. You can cast it over everyone you want without them noticing." Hagami whispered mostly to herself. "And what happens if something goes wrong? Some people see past it?"

"I'll cast it again. I'm confident that if I'm able to manipulate them into thinking that the Village and Clan are working together that they'll be able to find a common ground." Shisui assured. "The Genjutsu can be casted without them knowing and lifted without them knowing and what's within the Genjutsu is believable too. I can mold it to the point where the Village and Clan begin working side by side while the Village is changing itself to work with the Uchiha Clan."

Personally, Itachi was against the idea. He didn't believe that this was the right way to approach the situation, let alone manipulate others. The chances of it failing were also risky, not just to the Village but also internal affairs in the Clan. And the thought of not being able to held was also a little insulting. But Itachi knew that this was for the better and Shisui knew that it was best to drag the least amount of people into this situation too.

"Find a common ground..." Hagami trailed off.