4 | Spar

Hagami had made herself a guardian to watch over Itachi the day when he entered the Academy. He was a year older than Hagami had been when she entered but nonetheless, he would pass with flying colors just like she had. At the entrance to the Academy, the students who'd be in this year's class were all lined up in front of the Hokage - who was on a podium and accompanied by eight Jōnin. Parents who were there for their children crowded around, eager to celebrate their child's or children's success. But Hagami wasn't amongst the crowd of parents. She had decided to stay further back in the surrounding trees to watch from a distance.

"Congratulations on your acceptance into the Academy, everyone!" Hiruzen announced to the students and parents. "From this day forth, do your best to reach your goals to become a shinobi!"

The crowd roared in excitement on being accepted as a student on the road to become a shinobi. Hagami smiled from the trees. She remembered vividly how she reacted to being accepted into the Academy at her young age.

---

"Okaasan! Okaasan! We're going to be late!" Hagami pulled at her mother's arm eagerly.

"H-Hagami! It's the crack of dawn. Shh, or you're going to wake up Otousan." Okaasan joked sweetly and Hagami's face went into a panic.

"G-Gomenasai (S-Sorry)." She mumbled. She tilted her head toward her father's room to make sure he wasn't standing in the doorway with a scowl on his face.

"Oh Hagami, it's fine. I was just joking." Her mother, Aki, laughed to herself and Hagami's eyes brightened. Though the entrance to the Academy commenced in three hours, for a four year old (going on five soon) it felt like three years. Hagami ate really fast and got dressed quickly too. It was obviously too fast too considering that she had about an hour and forty minutes before they left. This left her to pace around the house, the anxiety of getting to the entrance eating away at her.

But finally, the time came and Hagami sped out of the house with Fuyu trying to keep an eye on his child. For a four year old, she was fast. Not only because of her size but also because of her unpredictability. She'd dart around corners and stands all the same and Fuyu sighed every time she took a sharp turn.

"How does she have this much energy?" Fuyu asked exhaustedly when Aki caught up to him. She too was panting a little on the heavy side.

"Well, she's excited to start with." Aki chuckled and the two took a breather. Or at least they did until they saw her round another corner and began running after her again. By the time they got to the entrance of the Academy, the Jōnin accompanying the Hokage were already there as well as about half of the class that was accepted into the Academy. Aki and Fuyu were glad that they weren't the first ones to arrive because that would be outstandingly awkward.

"Hey, you're that really young Uchiha aren't you?" One of the older class man asked. He crossed his arms over his chest exasperatedly.

"Yeah, what of it?" Hagami shot back rebelliously knowing he wasn't really looking for an answer. He had started to walk away but now he had a glare in his eyes as he retorted,

"How old are you then?" He asked shoving a finger at her.

"Four, five in seven months." She shot back and stood on her toes so she could see him eye to eye. "What about you?" She had a pout on her face as she awaited his answer.

"Tch, I'm already six. And you're never going to make it at your age." He scoffed and backed away from her. "Girl Uchiha aren't even supposed to enter the Academy." He added in an attempt to make her leave.

"Yeah? Well I did! I'll show you that I'm going to pass before you." She clenched her fist and raised it toward the boy challengingly.

"Is that a challenge?" He retorted and raised his fist too.