21 | Cycle

Life...death...life...death...life...death. Hagami had her hands shoved into her pockets. The atmosphere chilled as soon as she entered the main room of Mikoto and Fugaku's house. Her parents even froze at her sudden disposition change and eyes her on the way out. Sasuke attempted to approach her, but Hagami heard a hand on his shoulder — probably Itachi stopping him as she walked out of the house without saying a word. Her eyes remained half lidded when she walked through the Uchiha Clan grounds. Many approached her, none really received a pleasant "Hello" or acknowledgement for that matter.

But behind this mask she donned now, it worried her. Building pressure began accumulating in the back of her mind. Mikoto and Fugaku would be keeping an eye on her now more than ever too, especially since Fugaku knew she possessed the Mangekyō Sharingan. Mikoto would keep silent, and so would Itachi. However, Fugaku and Sasuke were a different story. Fugaku may leak the information, especially at their meetings. Sasuke, if he ever figured out, could accidentally announce it though Hagami couldn't hold it over him. She would just come up with a cover story, a convincing one like she was putting up right now.

Shisui and Itachi were both due to go on missions for today so she was mostly free to roam the Village without having to explain to them, yet, about what she was planning. But just because the two of them were gone didn't mean that she wasn't stopped by other shinobi, such as Kurenai, Asuma, Gai, and Kakashi. Hagami averted her eyes from each of their gazes when she confronted them. And she waited for them to start the conversation too.

"Ohayo (Good morning)." Kurenai greeted her now. "Out for a walk? I take it you have no mission today."

"Ah, well, I may have one later on." Hagami scratched the back of her neck and her eyes regained a fragment of their light. "And, yeah, a walk." Both Kurenai and Kakashi shot her a weird look and she just forced a smile. She figured it worked because they seemed to brush it off.

"What do you mean by that?" Asuma asked jokingly and nudged her shoulder. "I'm just kidding. Say, how is it being a Jōnin of the Village? Taking on all kinds of missions I presume?"

"I guess. Mostly B-Rank, some C-Rank, so far only one D-Rank and one A-Rank." Hagami said with a nod. "But I'm going to have a Squad soon apparently. I'll be teaming up with Kakashi. I'm not going to be a Sensei, I'll just be there, getting experience or something along those lines."

"What? Really?" Gai asked stepping forward. He raised a fist and a fire burned in his eyes. "It's so good to see youth flourish! You're going to be training a Squad of your own! Make sure to teach them the values of youth and hard work." Gai thrusted his fist in Hagami's face with a thumbs up as well as flashing her a bright smile.

"A-Alright," Hagami agreed as she sweat-dropped. She tucked her arms behind her back and stood there awkwardly. "Ah, well, I'm going to go walk around the Village. The last time I did that was a while because of all the missions and training I've done with Shisui and Itachi." She waved good-bye to them and then shoved her hands back into her pockets. She didn't sense any of them following her so she let out a tense sigh.

She rounded the corner so she was heading toward the Third Training Grounds. If the three of them went anywhere, it was either the this training ground or the Uchiha though hanging around that one would probably be against her better judgement. When she passed over the gate, she heard another set of footsteps behind her. She knew that he had followed but made no move to alert that she knew. So she continued walking until she made it over to the three stumps and then broke the silence,

"Why'd you follow me all the way out here?" She asked, her voice more steady than usual. She had kept her emotions in her voice but they had dulled down.

"You're acting differently today." Kakashi noted. "You're more quiet today, as well as somewhat lost in thought. But you're senses are sharper because you sensed me when I followed you here. You're hiding something."

"Every shinobi has a few skeletons that are better off in the closet, Kakashi-san." Hagami said and adjusted herself on the stump so she was facing Kakashi. "The Uchiha Clan is more restless than normal." She spoke the truth. "I'm just worried what'll happen next. This Village, this Clan, has been my home since birth. Losing it now would...would..." She didn't finish her sentence. Despite putting up an act for the most part of it, she was speaking the truth prior to her voice wavering at the end.

Kakashi was taken aback for a moment, his eyes widening slightly; or at least his visible eye hence his Sharingan. He reflected back on his life and then on Hagami's. She's been through the same emotional trauma of losing their parents to suicide but at the same time, they turned out so differently. Kakashi sighed when his thoughts about his childhood died down and he looked back up at Hagami. She had her eyes averted from Kakashi's and her knees tucked close to her chest. Her arms wrapped around her legs and she looked almost cold.

"But what do I know? The Uchiha Clan is shallow," she paused, remembering her words reflected against her though Kakashi could see past it, "but, perhaps the Uchiha Clan will change, if Konohagakure does." Hagami murmured out. "If the two find a common goal, then maybe, just maybe, they'll work together and their ties will be mended."

"Would you like to spar? To get your mind off things right now?" Kakashi offered. It was out of his character, but there was a connection between then that they had shared from childhood experiences. Hagami gazed up with glassy eyes to see Kakashi standing there nonchalantly with his hands in his pockets. She let out a soft sigh and slowly slinked off of the stump.

"Sure." She replied in a quiet voice. Kakashi led her into the middle of the training grounds and he lifted his hitai-ate to reveal his Sharingan. But as he did, Hagami's eyes immediately narrowed.

I'll need my Sharingan to fight Kakashi fairly. But he doesn't know I possess it yet, only a rumor is going around. Hagami thought refusing to follow in suit. She kept her eyes their normal onyx color as the two lurched toward each other. Surprising to the both of them, the two were fighting seriously, but not fatally. Each strike they put toward each other was precise as well as well-thought out. Hagami had jumped up when Kakashi swung his leg underneath her but he sprung back up before Hagami could avoid his swing. His arm swung into her arms that she used to defend herself and then further broke her defense by flinging her across the ground. She skidding away from him and rolled over once before landing on all fours.

Kakashi was somewhat astounded she was able to stop herself from the force that he just delivered. But nonetheless, he was able to catch up to her faster than she would've liked. His leg nearly collided with her ribs if she hadn't feinted to her right and then spring to her feet behind him. Her fist rammed itself into Kakashi's mid-back and he merely grunted. When he turned around however, he felt a weight on his right shoulder only to notice that Hagami's hand was on it and she was balancing herself upside down on his shoulder.

Even without her Sharingan, she's fast. Kakashi noted quickly and his hand reached to her wrist. He missed it not much to his surprise and Hagami began falling. In that split second, she pushed off of his back and threw him off balance. When she landed on the ground, she pivoted around and nearly screeched. Kakashi held a kunai to her neck and her body went stiff. Hagami's eyes narrowed at his cheap move, and her hands suddenly shot to his wrist. She pulled back and ducked under, and then let go of his wrist. She put her hands to the ground and she shoved her foot up into his stomach.

Kakashi's eyes widened and Hagami jumped backward. He keeled over and fell onto his knees. Hagami's power in Taijutsu overpowered Kakashi's skill with no doubt and she backed away a little more.

"If you're going to challenge me to a Taijutsu match, then you chose the wrong Jōnin." Hagami noted. "But either way, I appreciate you sparring." She thanked him as he got to his feet. Kakashi covered his Sharingan with his hitai-ate before acknowledging what Hagami had said.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of help." He said giving her a faint nod just as a hawk shrilled overhead the two of them. Kakashi's head jerked up and he let out a long sigh. "I'm going to have to leave now too,"

"Ah, I understand." Hagami laughed as Kakashi awkwardly excused himself and leapt off. Now, she was left alone at the training grounds and she made her way over to the lake.

Taking a seat at its edge, her feet grazed the lake's surface and she tried to relax. The Taijutsu match helped, but her nerves were still anxious; and against her decision.

---

Updates may slow down due to summer assignments I've procrastinated to do up until now.

-silent