Chapter Twenty-Two: Hangin With The Girls

Brooke's POV-

       For the next few days I ignored Liam, just like Luke said I should. It was probably the hardest thing I've had to do, since the whole time Liam would just give me pouting faces and looks of regret, but not once did he come up to me and apologize. During that time, I also got closer with Luke too. He really is a great guy, is what I've come up with. And as cliche as it may sound, he's a great listener and I really do enjoy spending time with him. Even though, I can't act like I haven't felt the loaded stares I get from my friends. It seems like it's time to have a little talk with them.

       With that thought in mind, I sent a text through a  group chat I made and told them all to meet at my house after school on Friday. There, they can unload all the questions they've been harboring up and I will answer them all to my best abilities. Besides, it feels long overdue since the last time I got to hang out with all of them at the same time. And before you know it, Friday's arrived, along with all my friends and they're awaiting questions. I silenced them all with a wave of my hand as to not raise the curiosity of my mom and brought them to my room.

    It was quiet for all of five seconds (I counted) before Nichole burst into a long lecture, the other girls right behind her.

"What's up with you and Liam? You just got together and you're just gonna let this new guy come and swoop you off your feet. Personally, I find this is all going way of proportion and you should just talk with Liam because you never know..." is all I heard before she got drowned out with the noise.

    Then there was Nicholete screaming in my ear, chanting," Team Luke, team Luke, team Luke." She continued on to say," I mean have you even seen those green eyes! They're to die for and Liam is so old news. Luke is the new guy and he's so sweet too. One time, when I was walking to Spanish this rude kid came pounding in and..."

    Finally there was Raquel and her opinions as well. "Why pick either guy? You're perfectly fine without either one and all they've brought to your life is drama. You should just leave them both and have some Brooke time. Who knows? Maybe you'll find Mr. Right while doing so. I heard once that..."

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Guys, guys, guys," I said though no one heard me.I tried again to no avail. Then I finally just screamed," GUYS!" 

Suddenly it was so silent, you could've probably heard a pin drop. That seemed to shut them up.

"Now that I've been graced with your attention, I would like to say does anyone care to hear what I think on this matter, since you know, it involves me?"

"Of course we want to hear what you have to say, we just got a little excited because think about it. Our friend went from having no boyfriend to two guys fighting over her. That's pretty cool if you ask me!" Nicole added after she took a break from her previous story.

"I don't know if I would say 'fighting over me', but whatever floats your boat," I said shrugging my shoulders because it did sound pretty bizarre to me.

"Now continue. Tell us what you think about what's been happening so far," Nichole said in a gentle tone, the other girls nodding right behind her.

     I took a throw pillow that was laying on my bed and took the furry edge between my fingers as I thought about it.

"Honestly, I still miss Liam-"

"YES!," Nichole said as she pumped her fist in the air. After she awkwardly brought it down and stayed silent, a faint blush on her cheeks.

"As I was saying, I still miss Liam, but... I don't know. It seems like he has this temper that comes out every now and then and I don't know whether to be scared or annoyed. We literally just started dating and things are already happening. It frustrates me because he's my first boyfriend and I don't really know what to do. Then Luke comes barging in and I don't know what to make of him. Should I talk it out with Liam or should I end it before it gets worse?" I looked up at all my friends and all their faces told me a different story. After a beat or two of silence, Nichole made up her mind.

"Brooke, really the only one who can decide that is you. As much as I want to say go for Liam and as much as Nicholete wants to say go for Luke or neither as Raquelle prompted, we really have no final say on the matter. This is after all, your life we're talking about. And we're all just gonna have to deal with whatever you choose because we're your friends and we care about you, not these guys. You."

     By the end of yet another inspirational and motivating talk from Nichole, my eyes were starting to tear up and grabbed the girls for a big group hug.

"Thanks guys. You don't know how much you all really mean to me," I uttered, slightly choked up.

"Aww would you look at that? We're all just turning into big, mushy, sensitive people... And I love it," commented Nicholete.

      We all broke from the group hug and looked at each other before cracking up into one big boisterous group. I knew any second my mom would come rushing in for a noise complaint, but I didn't care at the moment. I pushed aside all the worries from the boys and just hung out with my girls.

 I really needed this.