Chapter Fourteen: The Storm

Brooke's POV-

        A slight drizzle made it's way outside which was odd for Vegas weather, but I wasn't complaining. I loved the rain and since it barely ever does here, makes me appreciate it all the more. Plus, I needed time to myself for just a moment. I know Liam was going to be on his way over in less than 20 minutes, but I couldn't resist. The faint smell that rain always has was pulling me in along with the crisp air, cooling me down. Because it gets so hot here and almost never gets colder than thirty degrees in the winter, I like to take whatever I can get. And it felt like a good 65 degrees at the moment, which was heavenly for October.

     I didn't even mind as the refreshing little droplets made their way into my hair and caused it to frizz. I didn't mind that the slight drizzle was becoming a little more like a down poor. I also didn't mind that the water was seeping in under my clothes and began a shiver to spread across my body. I didn't mind anything at all because I was completely calm and peaceful. This year has been getting to me just a little bit with all the classes I decided to take and with all the Liam drama that's been happening it felt so good to just stop everything. It really did feel like the whole world stopped for a moment and all there was was me and the rain. Drip, drip, drip. That was all I heard along with the soft rhythmic  beating of my heartbeat....

Until I was brought back to reality with a sudden light shining near my eyes. I brought my hand in front of my face to cover it from the sudden light exposure and blinked back raindrops until I could make out a face. It was Liam. Oh my goodness how long have I been outside? What time is it?

"Jesus Brooke, your soaked," he said while also showing me to his car. "What were you doing out here, it's freezing."

I didn't respond for a second as I realized what I had done. What I thought had been a few minutes turned out to be a good 15. And what I thought was decent weather turned out to be a big, ugly storm. I must really be out of it today.

"Brooke, are you there. Do you need me to bring you to the hospital or something?"

It was Liam's voice that reminded me of my surroundings.

"What, no I don't need to go the hospital. I just need some warmth," I said as I got my bearing back and started to think logically of everything again. "Can you take me to my house?"

He nodded his head and drove out of the scene. It was quiet few minutes as he drove and I looked out the window the whole way. I appreciated how he wasn't throwing questions at me left and right, but I knew better. I was doomed with that when I was deemed warm and healthy again. Until then, I would soak in all the quiet I could get.

We arrived at my house and I quickly ran to the door and opened it up. Then I made a run for the stairs and took the quickest way possible to my bathroom where I shoved myself into the shower. All the while I was peeling my soggy clothes off and turning the dial all the way to the left. I may be exaggerating just a tad bit, but I'm not used to the cold. At all. It was when the steam began to arise on the bathroom mirrors and I could feel my senses finally tingling back to life when I decided to get out.

I decided not to mess with my hair and let it air dry normally and grabbed some warm and comfy clothes to further heat up my body. Then I slipped on some fuzzy socks, though mismatched because I can never seem to track down the other pairs. After all was done, I slowly made my way to the handrails that overlooked downstairs and peeked over. I couldn't see anything and the house seemed pretty still. Liam must of left and as for my parents, well they must be coming home late tonight. I also remember Brianna saying she was at a friends house today too. Guess that means I'm home alone. Yay! Now I can watch whatever I want downstairs without any disturbances. 

     Relieved that it was just me, I loudly banged my way downstairs until I made it to the living room. I was just about to turn on the TV when a noise erupted from behind me. I turned around and let out a loud squeal. Liam.

"You thought I would leave you alone after that little scene. Especially with our tutoring session too." I heard him say in a sad tone, but I was still focusing on calming my heart rate. 

"About that, what happened?"

 ********

Author's Note-

 Sooooo how'd you like the new chapter. It wasn't what I was initially going for in the beginning, but it seemed like the words were just flowing out of my fingers and I didn't want to delete it all so I just went with it. I hope you like it anyways. And aren't you proud of me for actually updating when I said I would! I know I'm amazing aren't I? Don't answer that actually. Before I go I also wanted to recommend CosmykDragonAPaperbackWriter, and  SwansonBooks. You should really check out their stuff they have amazing stories. And don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. With that I'll say goodbye. Bye!!!!!!!

Until then, Kaylee