Chapter Nineteen: 20 Questions

Brooke POV-

         Liam said goodbye to me in a rush after school. I tried not to mind it, but I couldn't help thinking it was because of what happened earlier. Even though he seemed fine afterwards, I still think he's not telling me the full truth. I just don't understand why he doesn't like Luke. I mean Luke is just absolutely adorable and he has nothing to worry about because I would never betray him like that. 

I pray this doesn't get out of hand. 

If it comes down to it though, I wouldn't want to continue in a relationship where he's so possessive of me, that he doesn't trust me. A relationship should be built on trust, and without it, it really isn't much of a relationship anymore. I internally shook my head. Brooke, stop overthinking this. You just got a boyfriend and you would throw it all away just because of something small? I need to listen to my own advice and have some trust in Liam that we'll figure this out together. Oh, and speaking of Luke.

"Hey Brooke," he said with a big grin.

He just walked outside in the parking lot. Where I am.

"Hey Luke," I said trying to muster up some cheeriness in my tone. I really didn't feel like talking to him now.

"Walking home?"

"Yeah actually, I don't live that far from here,"

"Really? That's so weird because I only live a street from here."

I rose my eyebrows. "What street?"

"The Summit"

This made me back up. "Wait, so you're telling me we're neighbors."

"Huh, I guess so. Isn't that so bizarre, who would've known that I would move in a house near the one friend I've actually made in school? Isn't that so cool?"

"Yeah," I said trying not to sound so obviously creeped out.

"You learn something new every day I guess," he simply shrugged his shoulders like it was old news. "Wanna walk together?"

"Of course."

We began walking in the same direction I usually go everyday. Alone. Not anymore I guess. I didn't know whether to be excited that I had someone to talk to now or sad that I couldn't walk alone like I normally do. I went along with it anyway.

"Hey I just wanted to say sorry for what happened at lunch. I didn't know your boyfriend would at like that. I just want you to know that I see you only as a friend and nothing more," he said as he raised his hands in innocence.

"It's no problem. We're just really new at this whole 'being in a relationship' thing and we don't really have any boundaries set yet. And trust me, I only see you as a friend too, just Liam is having a harder time to figure that out, I guess. I'll talk to him more about it, later," I promised with a nod of my head. 

"Okay now that it's awkward because of me bringing up the boyfriend, how about we start over with something lighthearted. Like 20 questions?"

I laughed," Sure."

"Me first. What's your favorite color?"

"Blue, next."

"Favorite band?"

"T.O.P all the way," I shouted as I danced in a circle.

He gave me a strange look and chuckled"Okayyyy, any siblings?"

"A sister."

" How about pets?"

"Two dogs."

"Breed?"

"Chihuahuas, I can't help it. I like small dogs," I shrugged.

"Birthday?"

"Jan-," I was about to answer until I looked up saw that we made it to my house. "Oh this is me."

He frowned,"Oh I guess we'll have to finish the remaining 15 another time."

"For sure. This was really fun, thanks for walking with me Luke. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"No problem and I would love to do it again some time. See ya, Brooke," he began walking away.

"Bye," I said as I waved and walked inside.

      See Liam,I thought. Luke is harmless and he even admitted he's not interested in me in that way too. What's clearer than a freakin confession. Nothing, that's what. After I talk things through with him, I think me and Luke could potentially become good friends. And hopefully so can him and Liam because I don't think he's half as bad as he really thinks he is. Not anymore at least. I must talk to Liam. Not right now, though because I'm just craving a warm bath.

So tomorrow it is.

***********

Author's Note-

Sorry for the short chapter, hopefully the next one's longer. And I can feel you guys just asking," What about Liam and Damon???" I keep dragging it out without meaning to and I'm sure you guys are just waiting to find out. At least I hope so because then what kind of writer am I? Whatever your answer may be, fear no more because I promise the next update will be the long and awaited 'talk'. I also forgot to do this on the last update, but I'll be making up for it now. 

So the question-of-the-day (or week) is : Do you like icebreakers or despise them like me? 

Tell me down below and don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. Bye!!!

Until then, Kaylee