Chapter Thirteen: Spying

"Hey once again I'm super sorry for bumping into you, I just keep zoning out."

"Bad day. I could understand."

"Oh, no really. That sucks, especially since it's your first day. Well I hope tomorrow goes better for you," I said looking up at a nearby clock. I really needed to get out of here if I wanted to meet Liam on time.

"Same for you. Oh, and um I was wondering if you mind if I sat next to you at lunch tomorrow. If that's not a totally lame thing to say," he said, all the while a faint blush grew upon his face.

How adorable!

How could I say no to that? The answer is, I couldn't. "Of course you can sit with me tomorrow. I'll even introduce you to my friends and don't worry I have guy friends too. Here, give me your phone."

He quickly obliged and handed it over without any question about it. I took it into my grasp, our fingers slightly touching, and punched in my number.

"Here, now you can find me tomorrow through all the craziness that happens in here," I said

"Thanks," he said as he waved my goodbye and walked in the opposite direction, but not before he gave me the world's cutest smile. 

Oh how I do love dimples. 

      Snap out of it Brooke! I needed to get out there while I still could. It was as if Luke's smile let out a faint gas and I was getting intoxicated from the fumes. I needed to focus on Liam. So I hurriedly ran out the school doors, but not before I stopped suddenly and gave a quick 180 around the room. This may sound weird, but I swear someone was watching me from the goosebumps that arrived over my skin. Creepy. Though, no matter how hard I looked I didn't find anybody so I continued on my way to home.

Liam's POV-

       Last bell had rung and I was practically running to my locker, pushing anyone in my way. I was so anxious for me and Brooke's 'tutoring session' since I needed to confess my feelings to her before I could wuss out again. Or worse. Someone would beat me to it. Though that's silly right? Since I don't think she knows anyone else other than our group. Yeah, has to be silly.

         I reached my locker and threw my stuff into my backpack and and wandered through the halls, hoping to find Brooke so we could um maybe walk to her place together. Don't judge me! It just would be easier that way. Anyways I scoured the hallways, glancing at anyone sporting dark, midnight black hair  until I found her. With some guy. I didn't know who he was, but I did know that I didn't like him. I mean he was talking to Brooke and that was reason enough.

       I decided to get closer to them, to figure out what they were saying. I expertly hid behind a wall that had a perfect view of the two. I wasn't spying on them by the way. I was curious. I needed to know who this brown-haired fella was and what he was doing with Brooke. You know, to make sure she's safe and all. Sadly, I could hear only snippets of their conversation since there was still a few stragglers in the hallways making a racket. 'I keep zoning out' and 'bad day' were all I heard before I turned around and made a big deal of glaring at the kid a few lockers away who was struggling with his locker. He finally took the hint and ran off with his backpack still hanging open and little pieces of paper made their way out. Served him right. Now back to Brooke. 

  "Same for you. Oh, and um I was wondering if you mind if I sat next to you at lunch tomorrow. If that's not a totally lame thing to say," was what I heard him say. Or at least that's what I thought I heard, but I had to be mistaken right? Right? Wrong, because next I heard her respond with "Of course you can sit with me tomorrow. I'll even introduce you to my friends and don't worry I have guy friends too. Here, give me your phone." Is she crazy!!! She just invited some stranger to lunch with us who, by the way was totally looking at her the wrong way. Like in the way that was saying he liked her or thought she was cute. Doesn't he know she's mine. Oh wait he doesn't because she's not, since I haven't asked her on a date yet. Errr I'm fuming right now for my own cowardliness and for the fact that someone else is going to take away the one girl I've ever really liked. No this was not happening. 

I couldn't bear to watch anymore so I rushed to a bench on the outside of the school, away from anyone watching and thought of what I was gonna do. I obviously had to tell her, but what if I'm too late or she says no. I couldn't think of that right now because I had to get it over with and just let her know how I feel whether she liked me back or not. It was worth the risk. With that in mind I sent a quick message to Brooke telling her I would be over in about fifteen minutes or so. Now all I needed to do was wait and pray that she waited for me too.

********

Author's Note-

Hey guys, first let me apologize for updating so late. I was at first a little busy with school, but honestly I was having a minor case of writer's block, but don't worry because I'm back and better than ever with a few chapters up my sleeve. I hope you can forgive me!!! Anyways I hoped you all liked the chapter. And any ideas on Luke??? Who could he be and what does he want with Brooke? I guess you'll just have to wait and see to find out. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share.

Until then, Kaylee