Chapter Sixteen: Lunch

(Hope you enjoy the cheesy song above :) You can continue reading now)

 Brooke's POV-

      I awoke the next morning with a huge smile on my face. Though, it did take me a few moments to understand why, but once I got caught up with what happened the night before my smile got impossibly bigger. I have a boyfriend. I HAVE A FREAKING BOYFRIEND!!!!! I remember when I was spilling my guts out to Liam (my boyfriend!!!) that I was so nervous for his reaction. Thousands of what ifs kept running through my head as I was sobbing uncontrollably. Like what if he flat out rejected me and said we couldn't be friends any more. Or he gently broke it down to me and said he saw me only as a sister. But when I felt his arms embrace me, I really had no idea of what was to come. Then he came to the part of asking me if I wanted to date him and it was obvious now that he did indeed actually like me back. I was and still am so happy that he did. I mean things like this never happen to a girl like me. A plain, boring, average girl. Though, now it seems like a miracle happened for it actually did happen to me. 

    Then after all was said, Liam was back to being the goofball he normally is and made me actually help him with math. I didn't mind though. It felt nice getting to just be with him, without anyone else coming to barge in. We managed to actually get through most of his homework and to me at least, it seemed like he was getting it too. I hope he does good on his test today because if not, it would come out to seem like I was a bad at tutoring and trust me I am most certainly not.

      He ended up leaving shortly after, not a second too late too because my parents arrived home almost exactly as he got out of the driveway and left. They didn't see him, luckily. I know I have to tell them about him sooner or later, but I would prefer later. You know, after I get to know him a little more. For now, I just want to wait.

     Now back to today. Surprisingly I got ready without any trouble after I woke up which is super rare for me. But I couldn't help it, I was so excited to see Liam again. It wasn't until I was walking to school when I remembered that I haven't told any of my friends about him, or us. They're going to kill me for not telling them sooner and I just know it. Hopefully, they'll tone it down a bit since I was busy yesterday. I would just have to wait to see. 

    When I got closer to the school I felt my phone buzz from inside my jean pocket so I took it out and saw I had a message from Liam!!! It read, Hey Brooke I'll meet you by the front gates. I replied back with a 'I'm here' and waited for him to find me. I was staring towards the empty expanse filled with dirt and, I'm not joking, tumbleweeds when I felt two arms embrace me from behind. I made a little yelp because I wasn't expecting it, but as soon as I looked behind and saw Liam I instantly calmed down. But then I started blushing until I was tomato red.

"H-hey Liam," I stupidly stuttered. I wish I could just face plant myself right now.

"Hey Brooke or should I say girlfriend," he said as his smile grew bigger. "I still can't believe you said yes. You're so gonna regret that," he said as he gave me a smirk.

"I still can't believe you asked. And I'm well aware that I'm going to regret that later, but you're so cute I couldn't resist."

He pouted," Don't call me cute, you're gonna ruin my reputation here." 

I just laughed and hit his shoulder," Surrrrrre."

He smiled down at me and grabbed my hand. Then I started to smile as he walked me to class, but before we could make it someone stopped us. Or should I say someones. There in front of us were Nichole, Nicholete, and Raquel and they were all gawking at me and Liam's hands. I tried to pull mine away, but Liam held on. Then Nicholete started jumping/dancing around the hallway.