Chapter Ten: The Talk

For the next few miserable days I tried my very best to avoid any of my friends, especially Liam. I mean the whole reason I was doing this was because of him. After my little self realization I decided to go with the path of denial and have been coming up with reasons why I absolutely do not like him in any way and how I totally  just think of him like I do with all the guys. But all I've learned these past few days was that I do, I do, I do. Uh I feel like smacking my head into the nearest locker. Maybe that will smack some sense into me. Just as I was seriously considering my idea I felt someone grab my elbow with a lot of force, pushing me into the closest classroom.

"Hey-" I started, but soon stopped when I saw the face the hand belonged to.

"What the hell, Brooke?! It's been three whole days and you just fell off the face of the Earth. What happened? Did I do something?" Nichole said angry at first, but then the pressure on my elbow decreased as she slowly deflated with a saddened look on her face.

"I'm sorry if I said something, just please tell me what I did?" She said with a desperate tone in her voice.

"Nichole!! No you did nothing wrong, it was just me needing some time to think. It's not your fault, trust me." I said hoping to take off the sad look on my best friend's face, it just broke my heart. 

My wish came true, but I almost wish it didn't because next she...

"You jerk!" she said roughly smacking me in the arm, might I add the same arm she had grabbed before. "You could of at least texted or come to me about it. You didn't have to ghost me there. For all I know you could've been dead by now or locked up in some creepy guy's house" She finally finished  huffing,puffing and all.

"Are you done?" I asked staring at her tomato red face as she slowly calmed down.

"Mmhmm" she mumbled, nodding her head, obviously tired from her little scene.

"Good now as long as you let me speak I'm gladly willing to tell you why" I said and immediately she perked up, ready for the story.

     Then I began to tell her all about my little self discovery and how confused my feelings were. I explained how I never had felt like this before and it was all very new for me and she just sat on a random desk, patiently listening to me vent. It was at that moment that I realized how good of a friend she really was. Before this year I would have had no one to talk to, but now I have this amazing friend, willing to hear all my foolish boy troubles and surprisingly not embarrass me at the same time. As I continued on and on about Liam, she just looked at me with a comforting smile on her face.

As my talking spree came to an end, Nichole just looked at me for  few seconds before letting out the loudest squeal I think I've ever heard. 

"Oh I just knew you liked him!!" she said before breaking out into these awkward dance moves all the while quietly chanting 'I was right, I was right'. I just watched as the scene unfolded and laughed at the girl who I've come to know as my closest friend.

Once she calmed down and realized i was still there, she finally looked at me and gave a little sigh.

"Brooke you know you could have told me this from the beginning, it's not like I would have judged you. Everyone gets crushes from time to time. Heck if I didn't I would have never been interested in Damon and we would have never met." She said in a comforting voice.

"Thanks Nichole I really needed to hear that and I'm sorry I thought you would have mocked my feelings. I know now that you wouldn't have done that. Do you have any advice for what I should because I'm so new to this whole crush thing and it's driving me up the walls." I asked.

"Of course and it's no problem. So I understand the whole being cautious thing because you don't know him very well, but honestly? I think you should give him a chance and see what happens. You never know what this might bring. You could potentially talk to your future husband or maybe the guy that will bring you to him. Even if this all ends in heartbreak I still think it's worth a shot. It could change your life for the better, all you have to do is try."

"But what if I confess my feelings and he doesn't feel them back?"

"Now how would you know that if you haven't talked to him? And if he doesn't maybe you guys could become really good friends. Now go find him."

"Fine, okay I will. But only because your forcing me to." I said with a little smile.

"Go" she said as she lightly pushed me out the door.

"What about you?"

"Oh don't worry about me, Damon's got it covered" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Eww" I said as I hurriedly ran out of there, slightly laughing the whole way.

I was almost to my locker when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry-wait Liam!" I said as I looked up to the culprit, blushing when I saw who it was.

Great. Perfect timing.

***********************

Author's Note-

Hey guys I'm back and I've decided I'm going to try updating every Wednesday, since a certain person requested I do so. That person happens to be Vampire_Salvatore100 who you might remember me mentioning them from a few chapters ago. Anyway you should really go check her book A Twist Of A Start if you like the show The Vampire Diaries. It's a really good fanfic, trust me. I hope you guys liked the chapter, I wanted Nichole to become a bigger character so I wrote this. I'll see you guys next week. Bye. P.S, don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Until then, Kaylee