Chapter Seven: The Suspicious Phone Call

It was Monday and when I walked to school I saw my friends talking at my locker. It's become some what of a normal thing these days to see them before class. Usually Liam is with them too, but today he was nowhere to be found. I walked up to them and saw everyone in their usual spots. Nichole and Damon wrapped up together at the hip, Nicholete and Jagger swapping spit. EWWWW, PDA !!! Finally Raquelle texting on her phone.

           I decided to ignore the couple too engrossed with their mouths and turned to the rest of them.

"Hey guys, where's Liam?" I asked not so subtly

"Wouldn't you like to know," Raquelle said putting her phone away and giving me her total undivided attention. Unlike some people.

"I'm just curious," I said looking totally innocent wide eyes and all.

"Sure," Both Nichole and Raquelle said giving each other a look.

"It's just weird, he's usually here every morning," I said trying to change the subject.

"Actually that is kinda weird, I wonder where he is?" Damon decided to add in.

*******

Liam's POV-

"Yeah I've met her....well no but... I know I know I just... OK fine I'll talk to you later." I hastily ended the phone call, upset for the turn of events. Why couldn't I have been any normal kid? Why did I have to have this life? Sometimes I wished things turned out differently. "Uhhh," I grumbled under my breath, my hands fisting together. I really wish I wasn't here right now, I feel like I could beat up the next person I saw. I grabbed my backpack and turned to get to class when I felt someone bump into me. Oh it's not this kids day today, I thought as I turned to give him a piece of my mind.

         What I saw had me blinking my eyes open and closed.

"Oh Brooke, hey," I said my eyes instantly softening.

"Hey I was just looking for you. Where were you?" she asked.

"Oh I had to take a call, sorry," I said thinking fast.

"Oh OK, well want to get to class now," she said smiling up at me.

"Sure," I said smiling back.

I really hope she never has to find out, she doesn't deserve it. She has such a normal life and it needs to stay like that. I'll try my hardest to keep it like that. If only she really knew?

******

Brooke's POV-

       I smiled at Liam as he and I walked to English, even though my mind was kind of going in circles at the moment. Didn't that look a little suspicious? He said his response rather fast and I swear he came out of like nowhere. He looked so angry too, but I didn't want to pry so I kept my mouth shut. I'm very curious now though. It must have been an important talk for him to have seclude himself from us, so the question is who was he talking to and what were they talking about to get him so mad? 

      English went in a blur since these thoughts surrounded my mind the whole class. I finally decided to mind my own business and acted as if nothing happened. I guess I'll never know, but maybe it's for the best. 

The rest of the day went as normal and I headed towards my locker since it was the end of the day. I was surprised to see Liam there waiting for me. 

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I took out my books and stuffed them into my bag.

"Oh you know just passing by and decided to say hello," He said giving me a charming smile.

I blushed and tried to hide my face with my hair. "Really?" I said looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"Oh and I also wanted to ask for your number?" he asked, looking uncertain and scratching the back of his neck. It was adorable.

"What?" I said looking at him with wide eyes and my blush growing in a unattractive, dark shade of red.

"You know just for help on homework and stuff," he said not meeting my eyes.

"Oh um sure," I said my mood immediately deflating and grabbed a pen.

I grabbed his hand and quickly wrote down my number.  I then said my goodbyes and tried to make my way to the door, but then  felt a strong hand grasp my elbow and tug me back.

"Your not gonna leave without hugging me goodbye are you," he said giving me his infamous pout.

I smiled and walked closer to give him a full fledged hug. It was really nice and I could smell his comfortable scent that I've grown  accustomed to. As I was pulling back he looked at me sheepishly. 

"I was kidding about the homework thing, I just wanted to text you," he said softly looking me in the eye.

"Oh," I said and brightened "I didn't know you wanted my number so badly," I said turning my cocky side on.

"Whatever, I didn't want it that bad. Or did I?" he said the last part giving me a wink.

I laughed and said goodbye for real this time.

Before I walked outside I heard him yell that he promised to text me later and I smiled the whole way home, the whole incident completely forgotten from earlier. All it took was one smile from that guy and everything else fades away. Uhhh I'm falling for him too fast!!! I think I need a break from Liam Steele before I'm completely head over heels. Someone send help.Please.

********

Author's Note-

Soooooo whadya guys think??? I hope you liked the little clue I gave about Liam. Hopefully no one figures it out yet, but I think I'm good for now. Anyways I'll see you guys on the next update and don't forget to vote and comment, byeeeeeeee

Until then,Kaylee