S E V E N T E E N • The waspish blonde

Now aside from her superhero duties and the fake dating with Lucas, something her parents and his were still oblivious to but was ecstatic nonetheless, Marinette had a rather mundane schedule.

On the weekdays it was to go to school, 'learn' things, hang out with Alya, Lucas, Nino and Adrien, put up with Chloe's constant glowering and increased clinginess to Adrien then go home to eat and sleep. Weekends were used to catch up on homework assignments she was too lazy to start on during the week, occasional visits from her friends and scheduled patrols in the evenings with her partner. All in all, it was pretty much the same thing daily, the only thing varying was the type of villain her and Chat Noir would be facing.

Which is why Marinette didn't expect her morning to be disrupted almost immediately by Chloe's banshee-like scream and Medusa-like glares. They weren't at all the blonde's usual glares, oh no. The emotion behind the usual glares were simple rivalry and distaste but today Chloe's harsh glares were downright venomous and full of loathing! What on earth could Marinette have done to gain this type of attention from the blonde?

"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" She screeched before shoving a magazine into the bluenette's face. 

Stunned with surprise Marinette gently lifted the magazine from her face in order to not aggravate Chloe further and took the chance to examine the cover. A second later and a gasp, Marinette started piecing together what Chloe's drama was all about and in that very moment she wanted to dash back home, bury herself with blankets and die of utter embarrassment.

There on the cover were three very familiar models wearing the latest designer wear from Gabriel Agreste. 

There on the cover was a blonde, a brunette and a bluenette, all posing very close to each other, just as Lucas, Adrien and Marinette herself had done a few days ago.

Yes, you've all guessed it, the magazine's cover displayed one of the photos taken during the time Marinette and Lucas got dragged into the photoshoot.

Now Marinette didn't know whether to continue being embarrasses as all hell or revel in the satisfaction of getting Chloe this pissed off. Of course being the person she was just about ready to faint in the sheer shock and embarrassment. Luckily she was still somewhat aware of herself and had the self control to stay upright. Snapping out of her stupor, Marinette found herself responding to Chloe's question. 

Wasn't at all proud of her response though since she just shrugged. 

"Excuse me?!" Oh boy. "When I ask you a question, I expect you to answer it!" Chloe jabbed her index finger into Marinette's shoulder with each word, looking more and more furious as the seconds passed by. At this point, Marinette didn't want to do anything to provoke Chloe any further. In this situation she was probably very close to getting possessed boy an Akuma! She put up her hands, hoping to look at passive as possible and calm Chloe down from her rage.

"Back off Chloe."  Alya said lowly, slightly baring her teeth in warning.

"Stay out of this four-eyes!" Chloe snapped back, her piercing glare never leaving Marinette's face.

"Ch-Chloe I think you should calm down." Sabrina came to the blonde's side and tried to pull her away from Marinette and Alya. Marinette shot a grateful smile at Sabrina but the redhead thinned her lips and shook her head, silently saying not to do anything until Chloe was out of the vicinity. "Come on, I'm sure you're getting tired from standing there so let's just go and sit down!" She suggested nervously. However despite Sabrina's efforts, Chloe stubbornly remained there with a stony face.

"Why on earth did Gabriel Agreste allow you of all people to be on the cover with two of the hottest guys in school?!" She spat venomously.

"I-I- Lucas a-and I ju-just passed by and th-the photographer j-just pulled us in-into the shoot." Marinette cursed herself for stammering while trying to explain the Chloe. It wasn't like she was afraid of Chloe at that moment, she's handled her at her worser moments, but it seems that her brain was off on holiday at the moment which left Marinette a fumbling mess.

"As if the photographer thought you were good enough for a Gabriel Agreste photoshoot! Lucas I understand but you?! Puh-lease!" Chloe retorted snidely with a derisive smirk plastered on her lips. Alya bristled in anger and would've had the blonde's neck in her grasp if it wasn't for Marinette noticing her change in demeanour and acted as a wall between her and Chloe. Nonetheless it didn't stop Alya from ripping into Chloe verbally. 

"Do everyone a favour and shut up Chloe!" Marinette sighed exasperatedly at Alya's attitude and sent a pleading look to everyone in the room, hoping one of them, any of them, to get the message and help her and Sabrina separate the two.

To everyone else, the scene before them occurred daily. Sabrina holding onto a furious Chloe and meekly suggesting for her to back down and Marinette standing beside a feral Alya, half keeping her in place and half supporting her in reprimanding Chloe. Because this looked like a daily occurrence. Because it looked like the daily occurrence, no one paid any mind to them.

And so went Marinette's help out the window.

Apparently in the split second Marinette took her eyes off of Alya Chloe either continued to interrogate and insult the bluenette or decided to agitate the redhead even further. Either way, Alya suddenly left Marinette's side and stood threateningly in front of Chloe.

"You know what? That's it!" At that she tackled Chloe to the ground, starting a fight that seemed very reminiscent of World War III. Marinette and Sabrina stood shell shocked at their respective best friends' actions, not knowing what to do at all.

Marinette snapped back to reality after seeing Chloe claw the side of Alya's cheek and was gearing up for a fight herself. 

She jumped into the fray and pulled Chloe off of Alya, underestimating the blonde's weight and ended up falling backwards with Chloe landing on top of her, knocking the wind out of her lungs. Chloe took advantage of Marinette's vulnerability and started slapping her over and over again with the magazine that started this whole schtick storm. She tried to defend herself by putting up her hands to cover her face but it was futile as Chloe continued her onslaught of attacks.

"Get off of her!" Alya screamed, pulling Chloe into a headlock which rendered her to stop her attacks on Marinette. She got off the floor and helped Alya to restrain Chloe. She grabbed her shoulders and tried to talk to her into calming down as much as possible.

"Chloe please, you really need to calm down-" was all Marinette got out before she had to dodge a slap from Chloe.

"Jesus- calm down woman!" Alya tried to speak but at that moment Chloe broke free out of her grasp and the three stood there panting out of exertion and the blonde sending death glares between the two best friends. Just as Marinette was about to speak again a new, authorative voice came out of the doorway.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

The whole classroom snapped their attention to doorway, seeing an anxious Sabrina behind a fuming Ms Bustier.

[EDITED A.N: i just realised i didn't put an a.n whoops

tomorrow is the first day of school again (yippee) but do expect an update on Crushed and A Royal Pain because bOOOOIIII I HAVE A LOT TO MAKE UP TO YOU GUYS]