T E N • The "lovebirds" and their stalkers 1/3

The week progressed rather quickly and smoothly, the news of Lucas and Marinette dating spreading throughout the school like wildfire and evidently, more people did leave the couple alone as they first intended with the idea of fake dating but occasionally there would be one of the more persistent admirers hoping to try and steal Marinette or Lucas from the other.

Of course they were let down gently, Marinette didn't want anymore Akuma attacks related to them. Since Voleur d'amour, Marinette didn't think she had the patience to handle anymore love-related Akumas without banging her head over and over again against a brick wall.

Chloe still made Marinette want to bash her head against a wall though. When the news of them dating reached her, Chloe threw a tantrum, complaining how unfair it was that Lucas chose Marinette over her to Sabrina and sent Marinette harsh glares in rebuttal for not getting what she wanted. It did subside as she realised that she could cling onto Adrien more often which vexed Marinette immensely.

Although she was ecstatic with the lack of people confronting Marinette about their feelings, said boy in question left a bitter aftertaste on her feelings about the whole set up.

For reasons she didn't know, Adrien had been more distant with her during the whole week. The times they did talk, Adrien seemed nervous around her and even stuttered! Then there were those moments where she could've sworn she saw Adrien glare at Lucas with such malice but those were fleeting moments so she didn't pay any mind to it and he went back to avoiding her. She expected it, of course but it didn't make his actions hurt her any less. Nevertheless, Marinette continued to play her part as Lucas's girlfriend.

Surprisingly, nothing really changed. They were still close to one another but physically speaking, they did hold each other's hands more and there were a few occasions when they kissed each other on the cheek when someone looked suspicious of their lack of interaction. Lucas also tended to put his arm over Marinette's shoulders protectively when he saw a guy eyeing her and Marinette snaked an arm around his waist when a girl did the same.

To be fairly judged, Marinette would have to say that this was an okay start to the fake dating.

Now back to the present.

It's now Friday which was the planned day for Marinette and Lucas's date. Yesterday, Alya casually asked Marinette when and where the date was to be held. Marinette could tell Alya was planning something but thought nothing of it.

After all Marinette learnt that it was best not to caught up in Alya's schemes.

After the final bell went for school Alya shot up from her seat, gave Marinette a conspiratorial wink and practically kidnapped Adrien for who knows what, with him looking extremely confused of course, heading out of the classroom with a smug Nino trailing behind them and left Marinette and Lucas by themselves. Lucas looked at Marinette with a baffled expression while Marinette's face fell into deadpan and she shrugged her shoulders.

"What was that all about?" Lucas inquired as he hefted his bag over his shoulders.

"I've learned not to ask. Should we go now? We do have our so called "date" now." She made quotations marks in the air from saying date and finished with a lopsided grin, carrying her own bag and heading out of the classroom with Lucas.

"Oh yeah, you think your parents will notice that it'll be really casual though? We're basically going to a cafe and staying there."

"I wouldn't worry too much about it."

"You're really call about this aren't you?" Marinette snorted in response.